This Sunday marks the end of football season when the best of the best come together to play one last game until next year. For many tailgaters, it’s time to move the party indoors until next season and break out the sweet, salty and spicy snacks. If you are looking for a few game-day crowd pleasers, here are some sure-fire ways to give your guests what they are “rooting” for.
Top Ten Game Day Appetizers
- Hot and Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wings are easy to prepare and go great with your favorite dipping sauces like blue cheese or ranch.
- Chips and dip are always a favorite, whether you serve homemade guacamole and salsa or 7-layer dip with refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese, tomatoes and black olives.
- Omaha Steakhouse Fries are great for dipping.
- A big bowl of beef jerky, beef snack sticks or sliced sausage make a filling snack no matter how you slice it. Chop beef sticks into small bite size pieces or fill a bowl with your favorite jerky.
- Precooked All Beef Meatballs are full of flavor can be served with your favorite sauce.
- Sliders or mini-sandwiches are great for game day. Grill mini-burgers, use your favorite pulled pork or beef or even fresh deli slices to make bite-size sandwiches your friends and family will go crazy for.
- Blackened shrimp or beef on a stick is easy to eat and portable, so guests don’t miss the play of the game.
- Dip-able vegetables like asparagus or sugar snap peas are healthy and refreshing. Add sliced carrots, celery and bell peppers, sliced lengthwise, for snacks that are easy to dip.
- Stuffed bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers are a great way to add kick to your next gathering. Slice jalapenos in half and remove seeds, stuff with cream cheese and sharp cheddar and wrap in pre-cooked bacon slices.
- Chili is a great way to spice up your next gathering. Whether you prefer it hot, mild or on your hot dog, it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
You can also use these same ideas when planning for your local hometown championship. They are sure to be a hit no matter what team you are rooting for!
Steaks for Everyone
Shop steaks by cut, texture, flavor — whatever you prefer! We’ve got something for everyone.