Grilled Shrimp Tostadas with Pico De Gallo & Guacamole
- by Omaha Steaks
- Dec 30, 2020
Switch up your weeknight dinners with grilled shrimp tostadas. Ready in just 30 minutes, this delicious recipe features juicy, marinated grilled shrimp, refried beans, fresh pico de gallo, and homemade guacamole. This mouthwatering family meal will have everyone reaching for seconds.
Marinating the Shrimp
Start this recipe by completely thawing your shrimp before marinating. To defrost, you can leave the shrimp in the refrigerator overnight or use the quick thaw method.
It’s important to marinate the shrimp for at least 15 minutes and up to two hours in a mixture of olive oil, chili powder, cumin, and salt. This will give the shrimp an incredible Mexican-style flavor that pairs perfectly with the homemade pico de gallo and guacamole.
How to Grill Shrimp
Grilling the shrimp adds incredible flavor to your tostadas. Our succulent Wild Argentinian Red Shrimp cook in half the time of more common shrimp and are large enough to grill directly on most grill grates. Preheat your grill to medium-high and grill each side 2-3 minutes, until the shrimp are lightly charred and opaque. They will cook quickly on the grill, so don’t stray too far from the barbecue. The ideal internal temperature for shrimp is 140°F.
Assembling the Shrimp Tostadas
The shrimp will cook quickly, so it’s best to prepare the pico de gallo and guacamole before grilling. Create the perfect shrimp tostada by layering your ingredients in the following order: tostada, a layer of refried beans, shredded Romaine lettuce, pico de gallo, and then guacamole. Top with 3-4 grilled shrimp per tostada and sprinkle with Cojita cheese. Add a cilantro sprig and lime wedge to garnish. Serve and enjoy!
Grilled Shrimp Tostadas
- 12 oz. Omaha Steaks Wild Argentinian Red Shrimp thawed
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tostada flats
- 1 cup canned refried pinto beans or refried black beans
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup Guacamole recipe below
- 1 cup Pico De Gallo recipe below
- 2 T. shredded Cotija cheese
- 4 cilantro sprigs
- 4 lime wedges
Pico De Gallo
- 3/4 cup Roma tomatoes diced into ¼-inch pieces
- 3 T. white onion diced into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 T. fresh cilantro chopped very fine
- 1 tsp. jalapenos minced very fine, with the seeds
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 medium avocados peeled, seeded and chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Pico De Gallo
- 1 T. fresh garlic minced
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. jalapeno minced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Combine shrimp, olive oil, chili powder, cumin, and salt in a bowl. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Prepare Pico De Gallo by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare Guacamole by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat your grill to medium high. Clean and season the grill grates. Grill the shrimp 2-3 minutes per side, until lightly charred and opaque.
- Heat the refried beans and spread 2 T. beans on each tostada flat.
- Spread the shredded romaine lettuce on top of the beans, followed by the Guacamole and the Pico De Gallo.
- Top each tostada with 3-4 large grilled shrimp and sprinkle with grated Cotija cheese.
- Garnish each tostada with a cilantro sprig, a lime wedge and enjoy.
Steaks for Everyone
Shop steaks by cut, texture, flavor — whatever you prefer! We’ve got something for everyone.