Rum and Coke® Holiday Ham
- by Chef David Rose
No holiday is complete without a showstopping, perfectly cooked holiday ham. Bring out the incredible savory flavors of your ham with a simple 6-ingredient Rum & Coke® ham glaze. Follow my video and easy recipe for the best holiday ham you’ve ever tasted!
How to Make a Rum & Coke® Ham Glaze
Prepare your glaze before cooking your holiday ham to ensure it cools to room temperature and achieves the perfect consistency before application. This simple glaze includes refreshing Coke®, sweet cherry preserves, your choice of spiced rum, Dijon mustard for a little tang, Worcestershire sauce for umami, and a pinch of salt to bring out all the flavors. Whisk all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes until it is thick enough to coat your spoon and hold a shape. Remove from heat and set aside so you can focus on the star of this table – the ham!
How to Cook a Spiral Sliced Ham
Our 8 lb. Spiral Sliced Ham is precooked with a torch-glazed brown sugar crust and pre-sliced making it incredibly easy to reheat and serve a hungry crowd. First, thaw ham in refrigerator 1-2 days prior to serving, and then bring ham to room temperature to ensure even cooking. Cook ham using the Omaha Steaks cooking instructions and get ready to kick it up a notch with my sweet and savory ham glaze.
How to Glaze a Ham
Glazing the ham is the last step of the cooking process and will add a darker crust and incredible sweet and savory flavors. During the last 15 minutes of cooking, glaze the ham generously every 5 minutes, or three times total. When ham reaches 140 degrees internal temperature, it is ready to be served.
How to Slice and Serve a Spiral-Cut Ham
For easy slicing, transfer the cooked ham to a cutting board and place it on its side. The spiral sliced ham is already perfectly sliced, so all you will need to do is gently remove the slices from the bone, using a sharp knife and following along the inside of the ham bone. That’s it! Serve this bountiful ham with extra glaze and your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
Rum & Coke® Holiday Ham
Rum & Coke® Glaze
- 1 cup cherry fruit spread such as Smucker’s® or Polaner®
- 3/4 cup dark spiced rum
- 3/4 cup Coca-Cola®
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbps. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 8 lb. Omaha Steaks spiral-sliced ham
- Rum & Coke® glaze recipe above
Rum & Coke® Glaze
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized sauce pot, whisking until well-incorporated. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes and then remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
- Thaw frozen ham in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and let ham come to room temperature, about 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Remove ham from foil and film. Return ham to foil wrapping and place in oven-safe roasting pan. Roll the foil down leaving 2”of the foil around the bottom of the ham.
- Place roasting pan with ham in oven on a lower rack and heat uncovered for 60-75 minutes, until ham starts to brown.
- During the last 15 minutes of cooking, glaze with Rum & Coke® Glaze every 5 minutes (glaze three times total).
More Chef Rose Holiday Recipes:
Holiday Meals Delivered
With over 100 years of delivering the very best meals and gourmet food, Omaha Steaks is your go-to for a hassle-free holiday meal.