Caramel Apple Tartlets with Vanilla Ice Cream, Bourbon Vanilla Caramel Sauce, and Spiked Fresh Berries Recipe
- by Chef David Rose
- Last updated Nov 14, 2022
If you’ve been busy whipping up all the mouthwateringly delicious steak, chicken, pork (and oh-so-much-more) recipes here on The Block, you may find yourself hankering for something sweet to complement your restaurant-worthy meals. Well, your sweet tooth is in luck! Our caramel apple tartlets with vanilla ice cream, bourbon vanilla caramel sauce, and spiked fresh berries recipe is as satisfying to indulge in as it is simple to make! So why don’t we do the one thing your mom never let you – skip dinner and go straight to dessert!
Why We Love This Apple Tartlets Recipe
Let’s see… classic “grandma’s apple pie” vibes? Check. Sweet and tart spiked berries? Check. Smooth and creamy ice cream dripping with boozy caramel goodness? Check and check! This can’t-miss dessert recipe has something for the whole table. And if you want to make it more family-friendly, you can simply skip the bourbon steps and create a wholesome dessert everyone can enjoy!
Tools You’ll Need Before You Start
- 1 Aluminum Foil-Lined Baking Sheet
- 1 Medium Saucepan
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Medium Bowl
How to Make Caramel Apple Tartlets with Vanilla Ice Cream, Bourbon Vanilla Caramel Sauce, and Spiked Fresh Berries
Like any great recipe, this one starts with the perfect base: Omaha Steaks Caramel Apple Tartlets. With an all-American apple pie experience you’d expect from America’s Original Butcher, these individually wrapped treats feature a made-from-scratch pastry overflowing with freshly peeled and crispy apple slices, all smothered with an impossibly rich and creamy caramel. Paired with your favorite vanilla ice cream, a wonderfully tangy and zesty sauce, and fresh berries soaked in bourbon, there’s always room for this dessert!
1. How Do You Like Them Apple (Tartlets)?
When we promised this was an easy recipe, we meant it! Your delicious Omaha Steaks Caramel Apple Tartlets were pre-made and flash-frozen to lock in that classic flavor until you’re ready to enjoy them. All you have to do is:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove tartlets from packaging and place spaced out on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes.
- Top with your favorite ice cream and the bourbon caramel sauce and spiked berries we’ll prepare while the tartlets bake.
2. Create a Sauce That’s Sticky-Sweet Perfection
Just when you think your favorite vanilla ice cream can’t get any better, here comes Chef Rose’s bourbon vanilla caramel sauce! First, add your bourbon and brown sugar to a medium saucepan and whisk until you’ve achieved a consistency similar to sand. Bring that mixture to a slow boil and then reduce by 1/3 in volume, which should take about three minutes.
Next, add your heavy cream, pure vanilla bean seeds, and a pinch of salt (trust us!) to the saucepan, bring it to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer for about eight minutes. Once the sauce is reduced by about 1/3 volume and achieves the perfect saucy consistency, pour it over your vanilla ice cream while it’s still warm and serve with your caramel apple tartlets and spiked berries!
3. Spiked Berries So Good They Get Carded
Will this count as your daily recommended fruit serving? We hope so! To add a little zest to your dessert and an element of fun, preparing these spiked berries only takes one step! Simply add your strawberries, blackberries, bourbon, sugar, and lemon juice to a bowl and lightly toss until they’re fully incorporated – and that’s it! Serve them immediately with your tartlets and saucy vanilla ice cream.
Caramel Apple Tartlets with Vanilla Ice Cream, Bourbon Vanilla Caramel Sauce, and Spiked Fresh Berries
Caramel Apple Tartlets
- 4 Omaha Steaks Caramel Apple Tartlets
- Your favorite vanilla ice cream
Bourbon Vanilla Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 6 oz. strawberries, quartered
- 3 oz. blackberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Caramel Apple Tartlets
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove tartlets from packaging and place on foil-lined baking sheet, allowing for space between each tartlet.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with bourbon caramel sauce, spiked berries, and your favorite ice cream.
Bourbon Vanilla Caramel Sauce
- In a medium saucepan, add bourbon and brown sugar and whisk until mixture achieves a sand-like consistency.
- Bring mixture to a slow boil, and reduce by 1/3 in volume, about 3 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, vanilla bean seeds, and a pinch of kosher salt to saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 8 minutes, until sauce is reduced by about 1/3 in volume and achieves a sauce-like consistency.
- Serve warm over ice cream with caramel apple tartlet.
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and lightly toss together until fully incorporated.
- Serve immediately with warm caramel apple tartlet and bourbon caramel sauce.
- Chef’s note: Omit bourbon for a family-friendly alternative.
More Dessert Recipes and Tips
Let us do the baking for you… Award-winning classics, perfectly prepared and delivered by Omaha Steaks.