BBQ & Bacon Brisket Burger with Candied Bacon
- by Omaha Steaks
We all know everything is better with bacon. And, when you add homemade candied bacon to a juicy Omaha Steaks brisket burger it’s true culinary delight. The rich flavor of the brisket burger is the perfect complement to the sweet bite of candied bacon and BBQ sauce in this simple burger recipe.
Brisket burgers are bold and beefy made from 100% beef brisket and give this burger its rich taste. Each burger is individually packaged and can be grilled from frozen. Simply follow our 4 tips for grilling the perfect burger. Alternatively, you can also grill the burger in a cast iron pan.
Candied bacon is a key ingredient for this burger. When you use our super-thick Applewood smoked steak-cut bacon, you’re going to be in bacon heaven. Each slice is a full 2 ounces and smoked the old-fashioned way. Simply bake in the oven with brown sugar and a little pepper, using the recipe below, for a bacon delight that will blow your taste buds away. The bacon can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to three days. Simply grill up a brisket burger and add the following ingredients whenever the craving hits.
BBQ & Bacon Burgers Ingredients
- 4 Brisket Burgers
- Cheddar Cheese
- BBQ Sauce
- Fried Onion Rings
- Candied Bacon (use recipe below)
- 4 Hamburger buns
- 1- pound Applewood Smoked Steak-Cut Bacon 1 Lb. Pkg. Applewood Smoked Steak-Cut Bacon
- 1 T. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place a wire rack on a foil lined baking sheet. Arrange the bacon on the wire rack and sprinkle with the black pepper. Lightly pat the brown sugar on top of the bacon to create a thin layer.
- Place the baking sheet on the center rack in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the brown sugar has melted and the bacon is crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the bacon to a parchment lined baking sheet and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
Make a Better Burger
From classic, extra-juicy tastes to gourmet blends ground by real butchers and using aged-to-perfection Omaha Steak, you’ll find everything you want in a burger right here.