Skip Header & Navigation-
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Smoked Pork Shoulder
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- Whole 8 lb. Bone In Pork Shoulder
- 2 Cups White Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Smoking Rub
- 1 Recipe Smoking Spritzer (recipe below)
- 8 cups Apple or Cherry Wood Chips soaked in water
- Lump charcoal
(makes 2 cups)
- 1 cup Apple Juice
- 1/2 cup Cranberry Juice
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 2 Tbsp. hot Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Omaha Steaks Ancho Chile Barbeque Rub
- Score the Fat so it will melt into the pork while smoking and so that you can get more rub into the meat.
- Rub with white vinegar then rinse with water.
- Pat dry with clean paper towels.
- Rub pork butt with about 1/2 cup of yellow mustard.
- Rub pork butt with about 1/2 cup of Smoking Rub.
- Inject each Pork Butt with 10-12 oz of Spritzer.
- Setup smoker with 1 Chimney Unlit Lump Charcoal and 2 Chimneys Lit Lump Charcoal.
- Adjust vents in smoker until temperature settles between 225 and 250 degrees.
- Start Pork Butt Fat Side Up and add lot of wood chips.
- Every 1/2 hour add more wood chips and spritz with Smoking Spritzer.
- After 2 hours insert remote thermometer probes. Be careful not to let thermometer touch bone or you will get a false reading.
- After 5 hours, place in foil pan and liberally coat with Spritzer. Wrap pan tightly with foil.
- Continue cooking without adding wood chips or opening smoker until thermometer hits 190 degrees for sliced and 200 degrees for pulled about 8-10 hour total.
- Let rest 1 hour before serving.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2020, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v20.9.2.