Skip To Main Content
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us at1-800-960-8400.
Pesto-Rubbed Tri-Tip Roast with Warm Tomato Sauce
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 1 Omaha Steaks Beef Tri-Tip Roast
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spread 1/4 cup pesto evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast; sprinkle with pepper.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425°F oven 30 to 40 minutes for medium rare; 40 to 45 minutes for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile combine tomatoes and onion in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes or until onion is tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup pesto. Keep warm.
- Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve roast across the grain into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with tomato sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Prices shown are available on consumer orders only. Maximum order quantity may apply. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2022, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v22.11.6.