Skip Header & Navigation
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Chinese Mango Beef with Red Bell Pepper, Ginger, and Cashew Nuts
- 1 hrMarinade Time
Prep time: 1 hr
Cook time: 10 min
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
IngredientsMarinade and beef:
- 4 Omaha Steaks Top Sirloin Steaks
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chile sauce with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely julienned
- 1/3 cup chopped cashew nuts
- 2 large mangoes, peeled, pitted, and diced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- To prepare the marinade, place the soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl, and mix together. Add the beef, combine well, and let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- To prepare the rice, place the rice, 1 1/2 cups of water, the butter, salt in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to a boil, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed all the liquid. (Add a little more water if the rice is not yet tender.) Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok or large sauté pan until lightly smoking. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté over high heat for 1 minute. Lightly drain the beef mixture and add it to the wok. Stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes, until browned on all sides. Add the chile sauce, red bell pepper, and the cashew and stir-fry for 2 minutes longer. Add the mango and cook for 1 minute longer, stirring gently.
- Spoon the rice onto serving plates and top with the beef mixture. Garnish the beef with the cilantro.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission.
© 2019, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v19.9.12.