Italian Stuffed Meatloaf
- by Omaha Steaks
- Apr 7, 2021
This is not your mom’s meatloaf! This Italian-style meatloaf is packed with flavor with a luscious center of melted cheeses, roasted red peppers, and spinach presented in a beautiful pinwheel. It’s everything you need for a dinner – meat, cheese, and veggies all rolled into a flavorful meatloaf. This is the meatloaf recipe you need in your life!
Best Ground Beef for Italian Stuffed Meatloaf
For a rich, flavorful, and juicy meatloaf, use high-quality ground beef. Our premium ground beef with an 80/20 lean-to-fat ratio is made from real Omaha Steak trimmings for a bold steak-heavy flavor and tender texture. It is guaranteed to turn this meatloaf into the best, most flavor-packed dish you’ve ever experienced.
Preparing the Meatloaf
The flavors of Italy come together in a perfectly seasoned ground beef mixture. The meat includes Parmesan cheese, pesto, marinara sauce, and minced garlic with the traditional meatloaf mixture of breadcrumbs and beaten eggs. The savory and cheesy combination will upgrade this meatloaf into an Italian-style masterpiece.
How to Stuff the Meatloaf
This is not your regular stuffed meatloaf! This is a beautiful pinwheel of flavor and color that will wow your friends and family.
To create a pinwheel-style stuffed meatloaf, simply flatten the meat mixture into a 12×10 rectangle. Then top evenly with provolone cheese, roasted red peppers, and spinach. Roll up the meatloaf, starting with the 10-inch side until all the ingredients are inside and press to seal. Lay seam side down on the baking sheet and let the oven work its magic.
How to Tell When Meatloaf is Done
The most accurate way to check for doneness is to insert a meat thermometer in the center of the meatloaf. When the temperature registers 165°F, your meat is fully cooked and ready to rest.
Why Rest Your Meatloaf?
No matter how tempted you are to slice open your cheesy, delicious meatloaf, it’s worth the wait. Let your meatloaf rest 15 minutes to allow for easier slicing and to lock in the luscious, flavorful juices. This will ensure every bite is incredible, tender, and juicy.
Slice and serve with a decadent dessert for an unforgettable comfort food meal your whole family will love. Enjoy!
Italian Stuffed Meatloaf
- 2 lbs. Omaha Steaks premium ground beef thawed
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup marinara sauce divided
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 8 oz. package sliced provolone cheese
- 7 oz. jar roasted red peppers drained
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add breadcrumbs, beaten eggs, Parmesan cheese, pesto, ½ cup marinara sauce, minced garlic, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Then add the ground beef to the mixture and mix lightly with your hands until just combined.
- Place the meat mixture on the foil-lined baking sheet and shaped into a 12 x 10-inch rectangle. Then top evenly with the provolone cheese, roasted red peppers, and spinach. Next, starting with the 10-inch side, roll up the meatloaf until all the ingredients are inside, and press the seam to seal. Place the meatloaf seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Place the meatloaf in the preheated oven and bake for 50 minutes. After 50 minutes, remove from the oven and top the meatloaf with the remaining marinara sauce. Return meatloaf to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the meatloaf reaches 165°F.
- When done, remove the meatloaf from the oven, let rest 15 minutes, then slice and serve.
More Ground Beef Recipes:
Experience Omaha Steaks quick and easy comfort foods!