Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- by Omaha Steaks
Bacon cheeseburger fans – let us introduce you to Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf! This jaw-dropping twist on a classic comfort food is an explosion of flavor in every bite. Bacon cheeseburger meatloaf has everything you love – premium ground beef, smoked bacon, pickles, cheese, and a tangy, sweet glaze. This recipe will have everyone coming back for seconds!
Best Ground Beef for Meatloaf
For a rich, flavorful, and juicy meatloaf, use high-quality ground beef with 80/20 lean-to-fat ratio. Our premium ground beef is made from real Omaha Steaks steak trimmings that have been naturally aged 28 days for a bold steak-heavy flavor and tender texture. It is guaranteed to turn this recipe into the best, most flavor-packed meatloaf you’ve ever experienced.
Preparing the Meatloaf
Preparing the beef is simple; Mix together the breadcrumbs, milk, ketchup, Omaha Steaks Signature Seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and beaten eggs. Let sit 5 minutes to allow the binding ingredients and seasoning to blend together, then add ground beef and mix with your hands until combined.
Stuffing the Meatloaf
It’s like Christmas morning when you slice into this meatloaf and discover a center of cheesy goodness. To stuff the meatloaf, divide the meat mixture in half and place one half onto a baking sheet. Layer with cheese and then sliced pickles, leaving 1” around the edges. Top with the remaining half of the meat mixture and form into a large oval. Viola! Stuffed meatloaf.
Add Bacon for Incredible Flavor
Top your meatloaf with Applewood Smoked Steak-Cut Bacon. You won’t find these thick, flavorful, 2 oz. bacon slices at your grocery store. Make a bacon weave or simply place the bacon strips across the meatloaf tucking the ends under the loaf.
How Long to Cook the Meatloaf?
This meatloaf will take about an hour to cook in the oven. The most accurate way to check for doneness is to insert a meat thermometer in the center of the meatloaf. When the temperature registers 165°F, your meat is fully cooked and ready to be glazed.
Making the Glaze
It wouldn’t be a bacon cheeseburger without condiments! Combine brown sugar, ketchup, and mustard for a tangy and slightly sweet glaze. After 60 minutes of cooking, add the glaze to meatloaf and broil for 3-5 minutes to set the glaze and crisp your bacon.
Why Rest Your Meatloaf?
You may be tempted to slice open your cheesy, delicious meatloaf immediately, but it’s worth the wait. When fully cooked, remove from pan and oven and let your meatloaf rest 20 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute and seal the flavors into your meatloaf. This will ensure every bite is incredible, tender, and juicy.
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- 2 lbs. Omaha Steaks premium ground beef thawed
- 1 lb. Omaha Steaks Applewood Smoked Steak-Cut Bacon thawed
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup ketchup divided
- 1 T. Omaha Steaks Signature Seasoning or your favorite all-purpose seasoning
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 8 oz. shredded cheese or 8 slices American cheese
- ½ cup pickles diced
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. In a large bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, milk, ¼ cup ketchup, Omaha Steaks Signature Seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and beaten eggs. Let sit 5 minutes, then add ground beef and mix with your hands until combined.
- Place half of the ground beef mixture on lined baking sheet. Form beef mixture into oval and lightly flatten. Place shredded or sliced cheese down the middle of the beef mixture and top with diced pickles, leaving a 1” edge around the outside. Top with remaining beef mixture and form into a large oval. Place bacon strips on top of the meatloaf, tucking any overhanging bacon under the meatloaf.
- Place meatloaf on the center of the preheated oven and bake for 60 minutes, or until the center of the meatloaf registers 165°F using a thermometer.
- Meanwhile, to make the glaze, combine the remaining ½ cup ketchup, brown sugar, and yellow mustard in a small bowl.
- After 60 minutes, remove the meatloaf from the oven and turn oven heat to high broil. Brush the meatloaf with the glaze and return it to the oven on the center rack. Broil for 3-5 minutes, or until the glaze gets shiny and the bacon starts to crisp.
- When done, remove the meatloaf from the oven, let stand 20 minutes, then slice and serve.