Skip To Main Content
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us at1-800-960-8400.
Seared Filet Mignon Steaks with Maytag Blue Cheese Butter and Red Wine Sauce
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 4 Omaha Steaks Filet Mignon Steaks, about 8 ounces each, sliced crosswise into 2 medallions
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Maytag blue cheese
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 Beef Demi Glace (Omaha's Best Genuine Steak Gravy)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 20 black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup Cabernet Sauvignon wine
PreparationMaytag Blue Cheese Butter:
Whisk together the cheese and butter in a mixing bowl and refrigerate until set.
Red Wine Sauce:
- Heat the butter in a sauté pan.
- Add the onion and sauté over medium-high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the onion turns translucent.
- Add the peppercorns and sauté 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Add the wine and reduce the mixture until almost dry.
- Add the Demi Glace and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat, strain the sauce through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean saucepan or double boiler, and keep warm.
- Heat the butter in a sauté pan or skillet.
- Add the steaks to the hot pan and sear over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare and 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium.
- The steaks should be a little crusty on the outside.
- Season with salt and pepper, remove from the pan, and let rest briefly.
- Place a dollop of blue cheese butter on each medallion, spoon the sauce over the butter and meat, and serve immediately.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Prices shown are available on consumer orders only. Maximum order quantity may apply. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2022, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v22.9.1.