Skip Header & Navigation-
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Salt-Encrusted King Cut Ribeye
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 48 oz. Omaha Steaks Ribeye on the Bone
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2-3 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 box (3 lbs.) coarse kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cup water
- Heat oven to 425F. Line shallow roasting pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Combine salt crust ingredients; mix well. (Mixture may appear dry, but do not add additional water.)
- In roasting pan, pat 1 ½ cups salt mixture into a rectangular shape about ½ to 1 inch larger than the size of the roast.
- Brush roast with oil; press pepper evenly into surface. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer into thickest part of roast, not resting in fat; center roast on salt layer. Starting at base of roast, pack remaining salt mixture onto sides and top of roast to encase roast in salt. (Occasionally, some salt mixture may fall off exposing small areas of the roast. This will not affect cooking.)
- Roast in 425 F oven approximately 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes for medium rare; 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 hours for 45 minutes medium doneness. Use thermometer to verify doneness.
- Transfer pan with roast to cooling rack; let stand uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard salt crust from roast, brushing off any remaining salt. Carve and serve.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2020, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v20.8.1a.