Skip Header & Navigation
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Get $60 in Omaha Steaks Cash
Your $60 in Omaha Steaks Cash will arrive in 3 E-Reward Card codes in the amounts of $30, $20 and $10 for each $79 shipment you send, up to a maximum of 3 per household. Your first E-Reward Card code will be emailed to you 48 hours after the order ships.
Use them on your next three orders!
*Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Omaha Steaks Gift Cards, E-Gift Cards, Wine, Gift Baskets, Grills and Live Lobsters do not count toward the $79 minimum order requirement for the earned reward card. You will receive your Omaha Steaks Cash in three E-Reward Card codes in the amounts of $30, $20 and $10 for each $79 shipment you send when ordering up to a maximum of 3 per household. Your first $30 E-Reward Card code will be emailed to you 48 hours after your order ships, your $20 E-Reward Card code will be emailed to you 7/1/2018 and your $10 E-Reward card code will be emailed to you 10/1/2018. Your Omaha Steaks $30 E-Reward Card, $20 E-Reward Card and $10 E-Reward Card are a one-time use codes and may each be used on one customer transaction of $79 or more during the valid redemption dates. The codes must be provided at checkout to apply your discount and any remaining balance will be forfeited. You may only use one E-Reward Card code per customer transaction per day. Your codes may not be used to purchase Omaha Steaks Gift Cards, E-Gift Cards or wine. Reward cards may not be used on any order that also redeems Steaklover Rewards points. The codes may not be applied to previous sales, have no cash value, are non-transferable and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. The codes can be redeemed online or by phone and at Omaha Steaks retail locations during the valid redemption dates. The E-Reward Card codes are void if altered, defaced, copied, transferred or sold through any auction. Omaha Steaks reserves the right to change these terms at any time and without notice. The $30 E-Reward Card Code is valid 4/25/18-6/30/18. The $20 E-Reward Card Code is valid 7/1/18-9/30/18. The $10 E-Reward Card Code is valid 10/1/18-12/31/18. Omaha Steaks Gift Cards, E-Gift Cards, Wine, Gift Baskets, Grills and Live Lobsters do not count toward the $79 minimum order requirement for the earned reward card. Limit of 2 on selected items at these exclusive prices. Other restrictions may apply. Offer valid until 11:59pm CST on 4/30/18.
Porterhouse Steaks with German-Style Hash Brown Potatoes
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 4 Omaha Steaks Porterhouse Steaks, about 16 ounces each
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 large Idaho potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° and prepare the grill (or, alternatively, the steaks can be broiled or sautéed in a heavy pan or skillet using 1 tablespoon of hot olive oil or safflower oil; they will take approximately the same time to cook as they will on the grill).
- To prepare the hash browns, peel and slice the potatoes into 1/2 inch strips.
- Place the strips in a bowl of cold water as they are cut to prevent them from oxidizing and browning.
- Drain and pat the potato strips dry.
- Pour the oil to a depth of 3/4 inch into a large, heavy cast-iron skillet and heat until close to boiling.
- Divide the potatoes into 3 batches and fry each batch separately; each batch should take about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon or strainer and drain on paper towels.
- When the potatoes have cooled, cut the strips into 1/4 inch dice.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a clean heavy skillet.
- When the oil is hot and begins to sizzle, add the chopped onions, paprika, and salt.
- Sauté over medium-high heat for 6 or 8 minutes, or until the onions start to soften and brown.
- Melt the butter in a large ovenproof pan or skillet.
- Add the potatoes and onions, and mix together well.
- Sauté over medium-high heat until browned and then season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until crisp.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the steak, season the filets with salt and pepper.
- Grill for about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare or about 8 minutes per side for medium.
- Serve the steaks with the hash brown potatoes.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission.
© 2019, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v19.9.11d.