Porterhouse Steak with Maytag Blue Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Butter Recipe
- by Omaha Steaks
- Last updated Jan 8, 2024
Whether you’re a full-time carnivore or only occasionally indulge in red meat, you know that sometimes you just crave the mouthwatering, savory satisfaction of an amazing steak – a really big, amazing steak. And when that special craving hits, we guarantee nothing will satisfy it more than this porterhouse steak with Maytag blue cheese and sun-dried tomato butter recipe. This recipe makes your steak experience even more epic by complementing it with a butter that’s infused with tart sun-dried tomatoes, vibrant minced garlic, citrusy lemon juice, tangy Worcestershire sauce, salty blue cheese, and peppery basil.
Why We Love This Omaha Steaks Porterhouse Recipe
If you’re going to feast on a massive steak, you better make sure it’s the BEST massive steak. That’s why we’re cooking with 24-oz. Omaha Steaks Porterhouse Steaks! Aged at least 28 days and hand-cut by master butchers, this mammoth cut delivers two steaks in one – the beefy, bold taste of a strip sirloin and the tender, mild perfection of a filet mignon – with the flavor-enhancing bone left in! And it reaches even greater heights when seasoned to your personal taste with the delightful combination of all-natural dried garlic, onions, and savory spices of our Omaha Steaks Seasoning. If reading that made you as hungry as it made us, let’s get started!
Before You Start
Safely thaw your richly marbled and tender Omaha Steaks Porterhouse Steaks overnight in the refrigerator or in cold water when using our quick-thaw method.
Tools You will Need Before You Start
- 1 Small Pan
- Food Processor or Blender
- Parchment Paper
- 1 Shallow Bowl
Omaha Steaks Products Featured in This Recipe
Porterhouse Steak with Maytag Blue Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato Butter
Maytag Blue Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato Butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, sliced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Maytag blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon basil, minced
- Preheat grill to high and season both sides of steaks with seasoning.
- Grill steaks to desired doneness.
- Just before removing steaks from the grill, place the 1 1/2” butter coins on each steak so the butter is half-melted when served.
Maytag Blue Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Butter
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic to pan and cook until brown. Add sun-dried tomatoes to pan and cook for about 1 minute. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and basil to pan and immediately transfer the contents of the pan to a food processor or blender.
- Turn on food processor or blender, add Maytag blue cheese, and puree mixture.
- Add sliced butter to food processor, allowing the butter to be whipped into the puréed cheese mixture.
- Transfer mixture to a sheet of parchment paper.
- Roll into a tube about 1 1/2" in diameter and twist paper at the ends.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, slice into 1 1/2" coins as needed.
More Porterhouse Recipes
- African Spice-Rubbed Porterhouse with Curried Shrimp Pearl Pasta & Collard Green Chimichurri
- Ancho Chile-Rubbed Porterhouse Steak with Grilled Pepper and Onion Salsa
- Porterhouse Steaks with German-Style Hash Brown Potatoes
Steaks for Everyone
Shop steaks by cut, texture, flavor — whatever you prefer! We’ve got something for everyone.