Sheet Pan Mediterranean Salmon Recipe
- by Omaha Steaks
- Apr 11, 2022
Take the stress – and cleanup – out of dinnertime with this effortless, delicious, salmon fillet sheet pan recipe. Simple meals don’t have to also taste simple, and this recipe proves it! Add it to your revolving dinnertime menu and see how quickly it becomes a household favorite.
Why We Love This Salmon Fillet Sheet Pan Recipe
In addition to its simple instructions, one-pan convenience, and easy cleanup, this dish is uniquely refreshing and completely delicious. From the light flavor and cool temperature of the tzatziki sauce to the bold and zesty Mediterranean mixture and protein-packed, gorgeous salmon fillets, this dish will make you feel well-traveled and well-fed!
Tools You’ll Need Before You Start
- 1 Sheet Pan
- Parchment Paper or Foil
- Small Bowl
- Medium Bowl
How to Cook Sheet Pan Mediterranean Salmon
There’s no shortage of sheet pan recipes to try, but when you’re looking for something convenient, delicious, and nutritious, you’ll never go wrong with a recipe that features Omaha Steaks Faroe Island Salmon Fillets. Sustainably sourced from a small group of islands between Norway and Iceland, this steak lover’s fillet has a firm texture and rich, robust flavor and is packed with protein, vitamin D, and Omega-3s. Harvested and flash-frozen at their peak flavor for a taste that’s better than fresh, each fillet boasts a beautiful crimson-orange color that looks as good as it tastes.
1. Get Saucy
You could just purchase a pre-made tzatziki sauce from the store, but what’s the fun in that? This homemade sauce recipe is easy to follow and will have an added flavor of pride when you make it with your own two hands! Simply mix the Greek yogurt, shredded cucumber, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate up to 24 hours in advance.
2. Take a Trip to the Mediterranean
Wash and prep your ingredients and preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Then, in a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, vibrant minced garlic, tangy lemon zest, bold and earthy oregano, and seasoned salt, which will deliver more dimension and flavor to your dish than plain salt.
3. Go Fishin’
You don’t have to live on a coast to enjoy the rich and buttery taste of ocean-fresh salmon when you have Omaha Steaks Faroe Island Salmon Fillets. These mild-flavored fillets are as easy to prepare as they are delicious! Just line your sheet tray with foil or parchment and place your salmon on it, spaced 1 inch apart.
4. Build Your Dish!
Now that your Mediterranean mixture and salmon are prepped, it’s time to put it all together. Brush your mixture over the salmon and then add the sliced onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, and kalamata olives to the remaining mixture in the bowl. Stir the bowl’s contents until well mixed, then pour it evenly around the salmon. Place the sheet pan on the center rack in your oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the salmon reaches 145 degrees F.
Finally, plate your perfectly cooked salmon and Mediterranean mixture and top it with that mellow, creamy, homemade tzatziki sauce, some salty, tangy, crumbled feta, and add the pillowy, toasted naan to complement it.
If you’re in search of more quick and delicious meals, check out these 5 Gourmet Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes or Less.
Sheet Pan Mediterranean Salmon
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cucumber, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Mediterranean Sheet Pan Salmon
- 4 (6 oz.) Omaha Steaks Faroe Islands Salmon Fillets, thawed and patted dry
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 12 baby bell peppers, seeded and sliced or 1bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive oil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon fresh or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup pre-made tzatziki sauce or recipe below
- 4 naan, toasted if desired
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Tzatziki Sauce (if not purchased pre-made)
- Mix Greek yogurt, shredded cucumber, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place covered bowl in refrigerator until needed, up to 24 hours in advance.
Mediterranean Sheet Pan Salmon
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a sheet tray with foil or parchment paper and place salmon 1” apart.
- Combine olive oil, minced garlic, lemon zest, oregano, and seasoned salt in a medium bowl.
- Brush mixture over salmon.
- Add sliced onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, and kalamata olives to remaining mixture in bowl. Stir to coat then pour evenly around salmon.
- Place salmon on center rack in oven; bake for 15-18 minutes or until salmon reaches 145° F.
- Serve salmon topped with tzatziki sauce, crumbled feta, and toasted naan.
Try more easy sheet pan recipes:
Responsibly sourced from oceans around the globe and always delivered frozen fresh for the greatest seafood experience any time you wish.