Sheet Pan Filet Mignon and Gnocchi with Garlic and Sage Brown Butter Recipe
- by Omaha Steaks
- Mar 30, 2022
Whether you’re in a rush or simply want an effortless meal, this sheet pan filet mignon and gnocchi with garlic and sage brown butter recipe is just what you’re looking for. As sheet pan meals have grown in popularity, so has their catalogue of recipes! They’re the go-to for any chef looking for a quick and delicious meal with maximum flavor and minimum cleanup.
Why We Love This Filet Mignon Sheet Pan Recipe
Easy doesn’t mean much if it’s not also delicious, and this recipe truly delivers. From the nutty sage brown butter and earthy mushrooms and asparagus to the versatility of the potato-based gnocchi and mouthwatering perfection of the filet mignon, this simple dish packs a flavorful punch.
Tools You’ll Need Before You Start
- 1 Sheet Pan
- Parchment Paper or Foil
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1 Large Skillet
How to Cook Sheet Pan Filet Mignon and Gnocchi with Garlic and Sage Brown Butter
Sheet pan recipes are one of the worst kept secrets on any chef’s menu. They taste complex and rich, but they’re novice-friendly and easy to clean up. But even the best sheet pan recipes need the best ingredients, and this one features Omaha Steaks Butcher’s Cut Filet Mignon. While filet mignon is a truly special and impressive steak on its own, our filet mignon is famously fork-tender and juicy. Omaha Steaks master butchers trim them twice to remove exterior fat and age them 30 days for maximum tenderness. It’s a steakhouse experience from the comfort of your own home.
1. Do Your Prep Work
This decadent dish is so deceivingly simple, half the work is in prepping! First, preheat your oven to 425° F so it’s nice and toasty when you need it. While it’s preheating, clean and prepare your vegetables to the recipe’s specifications.
2. Create Your Delicious Gnocchi Mixture
Now that your oven is hot and your ingredients are ready, take a medium-sized mixing bowl and add your mushrooms, gnocchi, asparagus, shallot, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Toss it all together until it’s well-combined and ready to use.
Next, line your sheet pan with foil or parchment paper and spread the gnocchi mixture across it in an even layer. Then, simply place the sheet pan in the oven on the center rack and bake for 15 minutes!
3. It’s Steak Time!
While your sheet pan gnocchi bakes, you’re free to prepare the real star of the show: the Omaha Steaks Butcher’s Cut Filet Mignons. When prepared properly, these fork-tender, juicy steaks will melt in your mouth. Start by removing your steaks from their packaging, patting them dry, and liberally seasoning them with Omaha Steaks Seasoning while you pre-heat a large skillet to medium-high.
Add grapeseed oil, which has a low smoke-point that will save your pan and your steak, and the seasoned steaks to the pan. Sear them 2-3 minutes per side to achieve ideal medium-rare doneness by the time you’re ready to eat, and then put them aside.
4. Create Your Garlic and Sage Brown Butter
Using the same pan, add your butter and reduce the heat to a medium setting. Allow the butter to cook until it begins to brown, then add the earthy sage and pungent, sliced garlic. Immediately remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
5. Put it All Together!
If you’ve timed everything out just right, it should be time to remove your gnocchi sheet pan from oven. Make 4 wells in the gnocchi mixture and place your perfectly cooked steak in each well. Then put the sheet pan back into oven and cook for 5 more minutes, or until steaks have reached 125° F, which will bring them to the desired doneness you’re looking for.
Let it rest for 5 minutes, then plate this easy, yet luxurious, dish by topping it with your nutty garlic and savory herbal brown butter and enjoy!
If you’re in search of more quick and delicious meals, check out these 5 Gourmet Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes or Less.
Sheet Pan Filet Mignon and Gnocchi with Garlic and Sage Brown Butter
- 4 (5 oz.) Omaha Steaks Butcher's Cut Filet Mignons, thawed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons Omaha Steaks Seasoning or your favorite all-purpose seasoning
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil or other high smoke point oil
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms, cleaned, trimmed, and quartered
- 1 (16 oz.) package shelf stable potato gnocchi, separated
- 1 pound asparagus, washed and cut into 2” pieces
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoons fresh sage, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine mushrooms, gnocchi, asparagus, shallot, 4tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- Line a sheet tray with foil or parchment paper and spread gnocchi mixture in an even layer.
- Place sheet pan in oven on center rack and bake for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a large skillet to medium-high
- Remove steaks from packaging, pat dry, and season evenly with Omaha Steaks Seasoning.
- Add grapeseed oil and seasoned steaks to pan and sear 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove steaks from pan and set aside.
- Add butter to pan and reduce heat to medium. Cook until butter begins to brown, then add sage and sliced garlic. Immediately remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove sheet pan from oven.
- Make 4 wells in gnocchi mixture and place a steak in each well.
- Return sheet pan to oven and cook for 5 minutes or until steaks have reached 125° F, or desired doneness.
- Remove sheet pan from oven; rest 5 minutes and serve topped with garlic and sage brown butter
Steaks For Everyone
Shop steaks by cut, texture, flavor — whatever you prefer! We’ve got something for everyone.