- by Omaha Steaks
- Jun 13, 2020
Did you know the Reuben sandwich was invented in Omaha? Try this original sandwich with Omaha Steaks Corned Beef Slices.
Did you know the Reuben sandwich was invented in Omaha? There's no better time than St. Paddy's Day to make up this classic sandwich, loaded with flavorful corned beef, sauerkraut, traditional dressing and a rye bread. Top o' the sandwiches, this is.
- Corned Beef Brisket sliced
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices dark or light rye bread
- 4 Tbsp. sauerkraut
- 3 Tbsp. Thousand Island dressing
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- Put several layers of corned beef and 1 slice of cheese on each of 2 slices of bread.
- Put approximately 2 Tbsp. of sauerkraut on each sandwich.
- Spread the dressing on the other two slices of bread and place on top of the sauerkraut.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Place sandwich in the skillet and brown on each side.
Calories: 880kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 38g | Cholesterol: 180mg | Sodium: 1540mg | Fiber: 5g