- by Omaha Steaks
- Last updated Mar 23, 2023
You may have heard of the windy-city Chicago Dog and boardwalk-favorite Coney Island Dog, but have you ever experienced a gourmet Midwest twist on a classic hot dog? Well now you can with Omaha Steaks original Omaha Dog recipe! Inspired by the Omaha-famous Reuben sandwich, this unique hand-held beauty heaps mild and nutty Swiss cheese, tangy – yet sweet – thousand island dressing, and distinctly sour and acidic sauerkraut on top of delicious Omaha Steaks Gourmet Jumbo Franks, which are then nestled into a well-balanced sweet and earthy poppy seed bun. Ready to make this doggone delicious dish? Let’s get started!
Why We Love This Jumbo Franks Recipe
When you’re craving a good old fashioned American classic like a hot dog, only one from America’s Original Butcher will do! While Omaha Steaks Gourmet Jumbo Franks are brat-sized perfection that deliver a super-juicy experience all on their own, that doesn’t mean you can’t elevate that experience with a fun and delicious recipe! Butcher-crafted with real Omaha Steaks pork and beef, these fully cooked franks are the perfect base for this Midwest meal that’s sure to be a new family favorite.
Before You Start
Make sure to thaw your Omaha Steaks Gourmet Jumbo Franks in advance to ensure the best grilling experience and check the propane level or briquettes on your grill to avoid any surprise store runs!
Tools You’ll Need Before You Start
- Aluminum Foil
Omaha Steaks Products Featured in This Recipe
- 4 Omaha Steaks Gourmet Jumbo Franks
- 4 Poppy Seed Hot Dog Buns
- 1 Cup Swiss Cheese, Grated
- 1/4 Cup Thousand Island Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Sauerkraut
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Stuff each bun with grated Swiss cheese and wrap with foil before placing on bun rack of the grill. Heat for 8-10 minutes, turning often.
- Grill thawed franks over medium heat, turning regularly, for approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove foil from buns and place grilled franks in each bun.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon of Thousand Island Dressing and 2 tablespoons of sauerkraut.
More Grilling Tips and Recipes
- The Ultimate Grilling Guide
- Bourbon Barbeque Bacon Cheeseburger
- Mediterranean Filet Mignon Skewers with Grilled Pita Bread and Tzatziki Sauce
- Grilled Bavette Steak Fajitas with Grilled Tortillas
Franks, Brats & Sausages
Omaha Steaks delivers the best brat-sized franks, seasoned sausages crafted in old-world tradition, and juicy bratwurst brimming with savory flavor.