Mother’s Day Steak Recipe: Filet Mignon with Rose Sauce + a Grilled Bouquet
- by Omaha Steaks
- Apr 12, 2018
Filet Mignon with Rose Beurre Blanc Sauce
Moms LOVE steak! It’s true! And, we heard, they also love rosé wine. This Mother’s Day steak recipe featuring our famous filet mignon is the perfect way to show Mom you love her on this special day, with a totally unique rosé beurre blanc sauce. Beurre blanc is normally made with white wine (hence the “blanc”) along with vinegar and shallots, but the lightly sweet flavor of rosé gives it a great color and unique flavor that pairs perfectly with a tender, mild steak. It’s easy, it’s unique, and it’s impressive – try this recipe with Omaha Steaks perfectly aged filet mignon steaks for Mom-worthy result.
Grilled Mother’s Day Bouquet with Lemon Caper Sauce
Here’s how Mom can get her flowers and eat them, too. We’ve seen the research, and Mother’s Day is actually one of the top GRILLING holidays in America! This cute, unique bouquet takes some of the most grillable and beautiful green vegetables, prepares them perfectly, then arranges them like a bouquet on the plate. It’s great with the filet mignon recipe above, or as a side dish to just about any grilled meal you can dream up.
Grilled Mother's Day Bouquet with Lemon Caper Sauce
- 4 medium artichokes fresh
- 1 large broccoli crown
- 1 lb. asparagus
- Lemon Caper Sauce recipe as follows
- In a small saute pan, combine capers, olive oil, butter, garlic and lemon juice. Heat on medium, while whisking until butter is melted and sauce is combined.
- Let cool and add parsley. Set aside at room temperature while preparing the vegetables.
Prepping Vegetables for Grilling
- 4 medium artichokes
- 2 quarts water
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 crown of broccoli large
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a 4 qt. pot combine water, white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice.
- Clean artichokes by peeling off petals until interior tender green pedals are exposed. Trim down the sides and the stem peeling away a thin layer. Trim the top of the petal end and stem end, split in two lengthy wise. With a small spoon, scoop out the furry choke from each of the artichoke halves. Place trimmed artichoke hearts in pot.
- Cover the pot and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat; reduce the heat to medium low to maintain a gentle simmer. Poach the artichokes for 8-10 minutes, or until the tip of a paring knife slides in easily at the thickest point.
- Remove the artichoke hearts and cool on a sheet pan.
- Reserve cooking liquid for blanching broccoli.
- Peel the broccoli stem and trim to 6 inches long from florets on top.
- Cut broccoli into quarters.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling cooking liquid reserved from artichoke hearts for 1 minute.
- Remove and drain well. Place on sheet pan with artichokes.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt.
- Trim the woody end of asparagus off and lay in single layer on baking sheet.
- Season with oil and salt.
Grilling the Vegetable Bouquet
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high.
- Place vegetables in a single layer cut side down on grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes, until vegetables start to get grill marks and char. Turn vegetables and grill for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove vegetables and place on a serving platter. Drizzle with Lemon Caper Sauce and Serve.