Omaha Steaks + Feeding America®
- by Omaha Steaks
Americans are facing new challenges every day as a result of the novel coronavirus and its disruption of everyday life. As the nation mobilizes to help people struggling with hunger in these uncertain days, Omaha Steaks has partnered with Feeding America® to help families during this time.
We’ve been shipping frozen premium steaks and more to hundreds of thousands of American families as they fill their freezers and hunker down. The Simon family – fifth-generation family owners of Omaha Steaks – has a rich philanthropic history and is proud to announce this exciting effort. We’ve donated 100,000 servings of our premium proteins to families in need through the Feeding America network of food banks, and now YOU – our customers – can keep the momentum going by making donations when stocking up on Omaha Steaks!
These Omaha Steaks packages include a meal donation via Feeding America. Feeding America is the largest domestic hunger-relief organization in the country with a network of 200 food banks that distribute 4.3 billion meals every year throughout the United States. With school closures and job uncertainty, food banks are more important than ever. We want to provide meals and help families during this difficult and unprecedented time of need.
Since launching this campaign in partnership with Feeding America®in April, we helped to provide at least 1.6 million meals* to families in need. Customers purchased specially curated Omaha Steaks + Feeding America packages that included a donation to Feeding America.
What Omaha Steaks and You Can Do
- We’ve already donated nearly 100,000 servings of our premium proteins to families in need through the Feeding America network of food banks.
- By purchasing these select packages through June 6, together we’re making a donation that provides meals to families in need. You contribute to the effort every time you fill your freezer with Omaha Steaks!
- Omaha Steaks has partnered with FedEx to go one step further. Any Omaha Steaks packages that are unable to be delivered will be automatically rerouted to the nearest food bank so they can help where need is greatest.
Other Ways to Help
- Donate directly to Feeding America. They have set up a COVID-19 response fund to help provide food and monetary support to local food banks across the country.
- Follow your local food bank on social media and share how they are serving your local community.
- Stay home, be safe, and we will get through this together.
*$1 helps provide at least 10 meals secured by Feeding America® on behalf of member food banks