Kung Pao Broccoli Beef
- by Omaha Steaks
There’s nothing better than a quick-and-easy weeknight dinner that tastes delicious. In the time it takes for everyone to decide on their Chinese takeout order, you can serve up homemade Kung Pao Broccoli Beef. This simple beef and broccoli stir fry is better than takeout, and you don’t have to tip the delivery driver.
Best Beef for Kung Pao Broccoli Beef
Beef sirloin tips are the best choice for a flavorful stir fry dish. Sirloin is a leaner cut of steak with bold, beefy flavors that pair perfectly with the slightly sweet sauce and savory vegetable. Omaha Steaks beef sirloin tips are recipe ready and perfectly packaged in 1-lb portions.
Tip: If you forget to defrost the meat the night before, use the quick-thaw method. Simply fill a bowl with cold water and submerge the vacuum-sealed beef tips until they are fully defrosted, usually 30 minutes or less.
How to Make Kung Pao Broccoli Beef
Cook the sirloin tips, sauce, and broccoli separately, and then combine to serve. Start by sautéing your steak tips over medium-high heat until browned and then set aside. Make the sauce in the same pan while cooking the broccoli in the microwave following the directions below. When the sauce is reduced by 2/3, add the sirloin tips and broccoli, and coat with the sauce. Serve over rice for an incredibly easy and delicious dish that is better than takeout.
Kung Pao Broccoli Beef
- 1 1-lb. pkgs Beef Sirloin Tips, thawed
- 1 lb. broccoli cut into florets
- 2 T. oil
- ¼ c. chicken stock
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- ¼ tsp sambal or red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cooked rice
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet to medium high. Add 2 T. oil and beef sirloin tips. Place steak tips in a single layer, do not crowd pieces. Sauté for 3-4 minutes per side until steak is browned and to desired doneness. Remove steak pieces from pan and set aside.
- In same pan add chicken stock through sambal. Cook over medium-high heat, bring to a boil and reduce by 2/3.
- Place broccoli florets in a resealable bag. Poke 4 holes in the bag. Place bag on a microwave safe plate. Microwave broccoli for 2 minutes. Remove from microwave.
- Add broccoli, sirloin tips with juices to sauce. Stir to coat Remove from heat and serve over cooked rice.
Steaks for Everyone
Shop steaks by cut, texture, flavor — whatever you prefer! We’ve got something for everyone.