Skip Header & Navigation-
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Top Sirloin and Smoked Mozzarella Stuffed Focaccia with Pesto
- 2 hrsMarinade Time
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 15 min
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 3 Omaha Steaks Top Sirloin Steaks
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto sauce, divided
- 1 loaf (8 to 10 ounces) focaccia bread, cut horizontally in half
- 4 ounces smoked mozzarella or provolone cheese, sliced 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium plum tomato, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Combine 2 tablespoons pesto and beef in medium bowl. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove some bread from center of cut sides of loaf if very thick, creating a pocket. Spread remaining 2 tablespoons pesto evenly over cut sides of bread; top each half evenly with cheese. Place on metal baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts.
- Meanwhile heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Using slotted spoon, place beef over bottom half of bread; top with tomatoes. Close sandwich, pressing together slightly. Cut into 4 wedges.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2020, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v20.5.4.