Skip To Main Content
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us at1-800-960-8400.
Smoked Pork Loin Sandwiches with Pepper Jack Cheese and Tequilla Onions
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 1/2 an Omaha Steaks Smoked Pork Loin, sliced
- 6 ciabatta sandwich buns
- 3 T mayonnaise
- 6 oz. pepper jack cheese, sliced
- 1 cup tequila onions
(makes 1 cup)
- 2 T canola oil
- 1 T butter
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup tequila
- Prepare tequila onions and the Smoked Pork Loin ahead of time.
- Trim a thin slice off of the top and bottom off the ciabatta bun to create a flat surface area. Then slice each bun in half horizontally.
- Lightly spread mayonnaise on the outside of the ciabatta bun to enhance browning.
- Place bun, with mayonnaise side down, on grill or in pan. Top each bun half with pepper jack slices to toast bun and melt cheese.
- Slice the pork loin and place some in each bun.
- Top pork with the tequila onions and place top bun on top.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add butter and brown slightly.
- Add sliced onions and cook while stirring for about 10 minutes or until onions just begin to caramelize.
- Add brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir well, reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking for 20-30 minutes.
- When onions are caramelized, add the beef au jus and tequila.
- Cook until onions have a nice brown color, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and reserve.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Prices shown are available on consumer orders only. Maximum order quantity may apply. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2022, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v22.9.1.