Skip Header & Navigation-
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Prime Rib Roast with Rosemary & Thyme au Jus
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 3 hrs 45 min
Serves: 4 to 10
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
Ingredients8 lb. Bone-In Prime Rib Roast
Roast, Rest & Broil Time: 4:35 | Serves 8-10
- 2.35 oz. bottle Private Reserve Rub
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups red wine
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1-inch chopped vegetables: 6 carrots, 6 celery stalks & 1 large onion
- Finely chopped herbs: 2 tsp. fresh thyme & 2 tsp. fresh rosemary
Roast, Rest & Broil Time: 3:50 | Serves 6-8
- 1/2 cup Private Reserve Rub
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups red wine
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1-inch chopped vegetables: 5 carrots, 5 celery stalks & 1 medium onion
- Finely chopped herbs: 1-1/2 tsp. fresh thyme & 1 1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary
Roast, Rest & Broil Time: 3:20 | Serves 4-6
- 1/3 cup Private Reserve Rub
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1-inch chopped vegetables: 4 carrots, 4 celery stalks & 1 small onion
- Finely chopped herbs: 1 tsp. fresh thyme & 1 tsp. fresh rosemary
PreparationThaw roast completely in the refrigerator before cooking.
8 lb. roast: 3-5 days | 4-6 lb. roast: 3-4 days
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Remove roast from packaging and pat dry with clean paper towels.
- Coat outside of roast with olive oil and liberally season with Omaha Steaks Private Reserve Rub.
- Place carrots, celery, and onion in an even layer on bottom of a large roasting pan to catch beef drippings. Place roast in roasting pan on an elevated wire rack. Sprinkle any leftover rub on the roast to ensure a generous
- Roast at 250°F until roast reaches an internal temperature of 125°F (for medium-rare). Approximate times: • 8 lb. roast: 3:45 • 6 lb. roast: 3:00 • 4 lb. roast: 2:30 hours
- Remove roast from oven and let rest for 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat broiler to high, with rack positioned for roast to sit about 4 inches from heating element.
- After roast has rested, place in oven under broiler, fat side up, for about 5 minutes to brown the roast.
- Remove pan from the oven. Remove the wire rack with roast from pan and place on a carving board. Skim fat from pan if necessary.
- Place pan on top of the stove over 2 burners set on high heat. Add the wine to the pan drippings and cook over high heat until reduced by half, releasing drippings on bottom of pan with a wooden spoon or a whisk. Add beef broth and cook until reduced by half again.
- Whisk or stir in the rosemary and thyme. Strain out vegetables and pour au jus into a serving vessel.
- Slice roast as desired and serve with the au jus.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2020, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v20.9.2.