Skip To Main Content
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us at1-800-960-8400.
Prime Rib Roast with Rosemary & Thyme au Jus
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 3 hrs 45 min
Serves: 4 to 10
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
Ingredients8 lb. Bone-In Prime Rib Roast
Roast, Rest & Broil Time: 4:35 | Serves 8-10
- 2.35 oz. bottle Private Reserve Rub
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups red wine
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1-inch chopped vegetables: 6 carrots, 6 celery stalks & 1 large onion
- Finely chopped herbs: 2 tsp. fresh thyme & 2 tsp. fresh rosemary
Roast, Rest & Broil Time: 3:50 | Serves 6-8
- 1/2 cup Private Reserve Rub
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups red wine
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1-inch chopped vegetables: 5 carrots, 5 celery stalks & 1 medium onion
- Finely chopped herbs: 1-1/2 tsp. fresh thyme & 1 1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary
Roast, Rest & Broil Time: 3:20 | Serves 4-6
- 1/3 cup Private Reserve Rub
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1-inch chopped vegetables: 4 carrots, 4 celery stalks & 1 small onion
- Finely chopped herbs: 1 tsp. fresh thyme & 1 tsp. fresh rosemary
PreparationThaw roast completely in the refrigerator before cooking.
8 lb. roast: 3-5 days | 4-6 lb. roast: 3-4 days
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Remove roast from packaging and pat dry with clean paper towels.
- Coat outside of roast with olive oil and liberally season with Omaha Steaks Private Reserve Rub.
- Place carrots, celery, and onion in an even layer on bottom of a large roasting pan to catch beef drippings. Place roast in roasting pan on an elevated wire rack. Sprinkle any leftover rub on the roast to ensure a generous
- Roast at 250°F until roast reaches an internal temperature of 125°F (for medium-rare). Approximate times: • 8 lb. roast: 3:45 • 6 lb. roast: 3:00 • 4 lb. roast: 2:30 hours
- Remove roast from oven and let rest for 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat broiler to high, with rack positioned for roast to sit about 4 inches from heating element.
- After roast has rested, place in oven under broiler, fat side up, for about 5 minutes to brown the roast.
- Remove pan from the oven. Remove the wire rack with roast from pan and place on a carving board. Skim fat from pan if necessary.
- Place pan on top of the stove over 2 burners set on high heat. Add the wine to the pan drippings and cook over high heat until reduced by half, releasing drippings on bottom of pan with a wooden spoon or a whisk. Add beef broth and cook until reduced by half again.
- Whisk or stir in the rosemary and thyme. Strain out vegetables and pour au jus into a serving vessel.
- Slice roast as desired and serve with the au jus.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Prices shown are available on consumer orders only. Maximum order quantity may apply. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2022, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v22.11.6.