Skip Header & Navigation-
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Gyros-Style Steak Pitas
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 1 pound Omaha Steaks Top Sirloin Steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 4-inch whole-wheat pita breads
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup fat-free or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Press onto the steak.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place the steak in the skillet. Cook for 10 to 13 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Tzatziki Sauce.
- To serve, carve the steak into thin slices. Put the pitas on plates. Place the beef on each pita. Top with the tomatoes and onions. Serve with the sauce.
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2020, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v20.5.4.