Skip To Main Content
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us at1-800-960-8400.
Gyros-Style Steak Pitas
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 1 pound Omaha Steaks Top Sirloin Steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 4-inch whole-wheat pita breads
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup fat-free or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Press onto the steak.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place the steak in the skillet. Cook for 10 to 13 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Tzatziki Sauce.
- To serve, carve the steak into thin slices. Put the pitas on plates. Place the beef on each pita. Top with the tomatoes and onions. Serve with the sauce.
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Prices shown are available on consumer orders only. Maximum order quantity may apply. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2021, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v21.9.15.