Skip Header & Navigation
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Carnita Con Chile
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 2 Omaha Steaks Flat Iron Steaks
- 12 ounces tomatillos, husks and stems removed
- 3 or 4 dried chiles de árbol, stems, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Flour tortillas (optional)
- Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- Place tomatillos and chiles in medium saucepan; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; cook 5 to 8 minutes or until tomatillos are just tender, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Place tomatillo mixture, 1/4 cup cilantro and garlic in food processor or blender container. Cover; process until finely chopped, but not pureed. Season with salt and black pepper, as desired. Set aside.
- Meanwhile press 1/4 teaspoon black pepper evenly onto flat iron steaks. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 13 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks across the grain into thin slices; season with salt and black pepper, as desired. Spoon tomatillo sauce over steak. Serve in flour tortillas, if desired. Garnish with additional cilantro, if desired.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission.
© 2019, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v19.9.13a.