Skip To Main Content
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us at1-800-960-8400.
Beef Filet with Roasted Corn-Wild Mushroom Salsa
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 4 Omaha Steaks Filet Mignons, about 7 ounces each and 1-1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sliced chives, for garnish
- 1 dried ancho chile, toasted (see below)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic puree (see below)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon milk or water, optional
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced cremini, chanterelle or shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 or 4 ears), roasted (see below)
- 1/2 tablespoon roasted garlic puree
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut oil
- 1/4 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Toasting, Rehydrating, and Puréeing Dried Chiles: Stem and seed the chiles, place in a single layer in a dry heavy skillet, and toast over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Shake the skillet occasionally and do not let the chiles blacken or burn, as they will taste bitter. Transfer the chiles to a large bowl and cover with hot water. Weigh the chiles down with a lid or plate to keep them submerged. Let stand for 30 minutes until rehydrated and soft. Transfer the chiles to a blender. Taste the water in which the chiles were soaking: if not bitter tasting, add enough to the blender to make puréeing possible. If the water tastes bitter, use plain water. Purée the chiles and strain.
- Roasting Garlic: Place unpeeled garlic cloves in a heavy skillet and dry-roast over low heat for about 30 minutes, shaking or stirring the skillet occasionally, until the garlic becomes soft. Alternatively, place the garlic cloves in a roasting pan and roast in a preheated over at 350°F. for 25 to 30 minutes. (Cook at 350°F. for 45 minutes to 1 hour to make the garlic sweeter yet.) When the garlic has roasted, peel the cloves, or squeeze it out of the skin. For roasted garlic purée, smash the roasted garlic with the side of a knife or chop very finely.
- Roasting Corn: Cut the kernels from the cob with a sharp knife, taking care not to cut too deeply into the cob. Heat a large, dry skillet or nonstick sauté pan for 3 to 4 minutes over high heat, and when hot, add the corn in a single layer. Roast for 3 to 4 minutes, tossing after 2 minutes, until dark.
- To prepare the aioli: Rehydrate the chile in a bowl of warm water for 30 minutes, using a pan or plate to keep the ancho submerged. Strain, reserving about 1/4 cup of the soaking liquid, and place the ancho in a blender. Puree to a paste-like consistency, adding just enough soaking liquid to make puréeing possible. Strain into a clean mixing bowl, and add the mayonnaise, garlic, and paprika. Whisk to combine thoroughly; add up to 1 tablespoon of milk or water if you want a thinner aioli. Preheat the over to 300°F.
- To prepare the salsa: Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan and sauté the mushrooms over medium-high heat for 5 or 6 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to a mixing bowl, and add the corn, garlic, hazelnut oil, sun-dried tomatoes, chipotles, cilantro, lemon juice, lime juice, and salt. Serve at room temperature.
- To prepare the beef: Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan until lightly smoking. Add the filets and sear over high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, about 6 to 7 minutes for medium, or to the desired doneness. Spoon the aioli on one side of each serving plate and arrange the steaks so they partly overlap the aioli. Serve with the salsa and garnish the steaks with the chives.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Prices shown are available on consumer orders only. Maximum order quantity may apply. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2022, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v22.9.1.