Pub-Style Cod Fish Tacos with Fresh Pico De Gallo
- by Omaha Steaks
- Feb 24, 2012
Make taco Tuesday easier than ever by trying our Pub-Style Cod fish tacos with fresh pico de gallo. Wild-caught off the coast of Norway, this cod comes to you coated in a crispy and delicious batter that makes for a guaranteed family favorite. From freezer to table in under 30 minutes, these Pub-Style Cod fish tacos are an incredibly easy recipe to prepare, no mess or oil necessary.
Why We Love this Recipe
Loaded with fresh pico de gallo and perfectly crispy fish, these tacos are a go-to recipe that’s sure to please. Our Omaha Steaks Pub-Style Cod is pre-battered, easy to prepare, and perfect for taco night. Want a little something extra? Add our premade Lemon Dill Tartar Sauce to include the perfect blend of seasoning to finish off your taco.
How to Make Pub-Style Cod Tacos with Pico de Gallo
1. Preheat Oven
Preheat your oven to 425ºF. While your oven is preheating, place desired number of cod portions on a foil lined baking sheet.
2. Bake Pub-Style Cod
Bake for 18-22 minutes, flipping the cod halfway through.
3. Prepare Pico de Gallo
While the cod is baking in the oven, prepare the pico de gallo by chopping and combining all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
4. Assemble the Tacos
Take the cod out of the oven, briefly heat the tortillas, and spread the tartar sauce and lettuce in the center of tortilla. Place the cod in the tortilla and top with the pico de gallo.
Garnish with a lime wedge and you’ll be set for a delicious pub-style dinner at home!
Pub-Style Cod Fish Tacos with fresh Pico De Gallo
- 2 Omaha Steaks Pub-Style Cod Fillets
- 2 6 inch flour tortillas
- 4 tsp. Omaha Steaks Lemon Dill Tartar Sauce
- 1/4 cup Iceberg lettuce finely shredded
- 1/4 cup Pice De Gallo (recipe below)
- 2 lime wedges
Pico De Gallo:
- 2 cups small roma tomatoes diced into 1/4" pieces
- 1/2 cup white onion diced 1/4"
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro chopped very fine
- 1 Tbsp. jalapenos minced very fine with the seeds
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Place desired number portions of Pub-Style Cod on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 18-22 minutes, turning over half way through.
- Heat tortillas briefly in the microwave for 5-10 seconds or in a medium pan on the stove for 10 seconds on each side.
- Spread tartar sauce in the center of the tortilla.
- Place shredded lettuce in the center of the tortilla.
- Place Pub-Style Cod on lettuce and top with Pico De Gallo.
- Fold up taco and garnish with lime wedge.
Pico De Gallo
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
More Seafood Recipes Ready in Under 30 Minutes:
- Icelandic Cod Fish Tacos
- Grilled Shrimp Tostadas with Pico de Gallo & Guacamole
- Grilled Marinated Salmon Salad
Editor’s Note: This post was updated in February 2022 for freshness and comprehensiveness.
Responsibly sourced from oceans around the globe and always delivered frozen fresh for the greatest seafood experience any time you wish.