Italian Beef Tenderloin and Pasta Recipe
- by Omaha Steaks
- Last updated Oct 16, 2023
Are you looking to add a new dinner into the weekly rotation that’s big on convenience and low on effort? Then you’re going to fall in love with this Italian beef tenderloin and pasta dish! With only 30 minutes of prep time before it simmers for two hours, this recipe features mild and tender tenderloin tips, sharp onion, buttery garlic, herbaceous Italian seasoning, sweet tomatoes, beefy broth, tart red wine, earthy mushrooms, smooth mostaccioli pasta, and nutty Parmesan cheese to create a satisfyingly complex experience you’ll want to have again and again!
Why We Love This Tenderloin Tip Recipe
When it comes to preparing dinner, there’s one thing there never seems to be enough of: time. That’s why, instead of taking the extra time to carefully cut multiple filet mignon steaks into perfectly uniform pieces, we’ve done the hard work for you! This Italian beef tenderloin and pasta recipe features Omaha Steaks Triple-Trimmed® Tenderloin Tips – mouthwatering, tender, and wonderfully mild pieces of our world-famous filet mignon that’s been hand-selected and expertly cut by our master butchers to deliver a side of convenience with all that flavor! Now you can spend more time enjoying your meal and less time preparing it.
Before You Start
- Safely thaw your mild and tender Omaha Steaks Triple-Trimmed® Tenderloin Tips overnight in the refrigerator or in cold water when using our quick-thaw method.
Tools You Will Need Before You Start
- 1 Dutch Oven
- Meat Thermometer
Omaha Steaks Products Featured in This Recipe
Italian Beef Tenderloin and Pasta
- 1 1/4 pounds OmahaSteaks Triple-Trimmed® Tenderloin Tips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 can 14 1/2 ounces Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained, broken up
- 1 can 13 3/4 to 14 1/2 ounces ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 pound small mushrooms, halved
- 4 ounces uncooked mostaccioli
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Brown tenderloin tips in batches and remove from Dutch oven. Pour over drippings.
- Add onion, garlic and Italian seasoning to Dutch oven; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add tips back in with tomatoes, broth, and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover tightly, and simmer 1 hour 30 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Stir in mushrooms and mostaccioli; continue cooking, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
Convenient Comfort Food
Experience Omaha Steaks quick and easy comfort foods! Enjoy freezer-to-oven classics like our Pot Roast, Chicken Fried Steaks, and more.