Icelandic Cod Fish Tacos
- by Omaha Steaks
- Last updated Jan 5, 2023
A great fish taco starts with flavorful, juicy, and flaky fish. Icelandic cod is just that! These tacos are filled with the best tasting cod, crunchy lettuce and homemade pico de gallo. This easy fish taco recipe teaches you how to prepare the fish, toppings, and how to whip up a quick and tasty pico de gallo.
The Best Cod for Fish Tacos
Lean, juicy, and mild flavored, cod is a flaky fish that easily absorbs the flavors of anything you cook it with. Our Icelandic Cod Fillets are wild caught from pristine cold waters and frozen the day of catch to preserve the quality and flavor of the fish. Heart-healthy, low-fat protein, and gluten free, cod is a great fish to use in a variety of different recipes. Delivered to you boneless and skinless, these cod fillets are easy to season and prepare.
How to Thaw Icelandic Cod
There are two ways to thaw your Icelandic Cod. You can thaw in the refrigerator by removing from the plastic packaging, then cover, and refrigerate. If you need to thaw quickier, unpackage desired number of fish fillets and place in a sealable plastic bag. Remove as much air from the bag as possible and immerse in cold water for 30 minutes. Once thawed, consume within one to two days.
How to Make Cod Fish Tacos
Not only are these Icelandic cod fish tacos delicious and healthy, but they only take 15 minutes to make! Cut each cod fillet into three even portions and place on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper and season as desired. Cook the cod fillets in the oven for 10-12 minutes. While the cod is baking, it’s time to prepare the pico de gallo.
Once your tortillas are heated and cod is done cooking, place the shredded lettuce in the center of the tortilla, add a cod fillet, and top each taco with pico de gallo. Now your tacos are complete!
Craving a crispy, breaded fish version of cod tacos? Try our pub-style cod fish tacos recipe.
Icelandic Cod Fish Tacos
- 4 Icelandic Cod Fillets thawed
- 12 6 inch corn tortillas
- 3 cups lettuce finely shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Pico de Gallo (recipe below)
Pice de Gallo
- 1 cup roma tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup white onion diced
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro chopped finely
- 2 tsp. jalapeno minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut each thawed cod portion into 3 even pieces.
- Place cod on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper and season as desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave for 5-10 seconds or in a medium pan on the stove for 10 seconds on each side.
- Place 1/4 cup of shredded lettuce in the center of the tortilla.
- Place a cod fillet on the lettuce and top each with 2 Tbsp. of pico de gallo.
Responsibly sourced from oceans around the globe and always delivered frozen fresh for the greatest seafood experience any time you wish.