Herb Rubbed Boneless Leg of Lamb Roast with White Wine Reduction
- by Omaha Steaks
- Nov 30, 2018
Celebrate the holidays, a special occasion or anytime with a succulent boneless leg of lamb roast for a truly impressive feast. Lamb is a well-marbled, lean, and robust meat that will have your guests raving and begging for more.
This recipe for herb rubbed boneless leg of lamb roast with white wine reduction features our 3.5 pound New Zealand Boneless Leg of Lamb. New Zealand lamb has a meaty, complex-yet-familiar flavor that is the hallmark of a perfect lamb.
Each boneless leg of lamb is reared in the rolling grasslands of New Zealand, where it’s humanely pasture-raised and sustained on eco-friendly native grasses, like rye, clover, and alfalfa. This ensures you get a well-marbled portion of lamb that’s remarkably lean and succulent with a subtle earthly flavor and tender texture.
Boneless leg of lamb is easy to prepare with just a few simple fresh herbs for seasoning. The lamb roast can be cooked to your desired doneness – rare to medium – with the instructions below. Prepare a white wine reduction and drizzle over the lamb slices for a rich and tender lamb dinner. Serve a celebratory feast that will delight your guests.
Follow Omaha Steaks on Pinterest for more delicious recipes.
Herb Rubbed Boneless Leg of Lamb with White Wine Reduction
- 1 3.5 lb Boneless Leg of Lamb thawed
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme chopped
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary chopped
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 2 Tbsp Coarse Salt
- 1 Tbsp Coarse Ground Pepper
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup White Wine
- ½ cup Chicken Stock
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine thyme, rosemary, parsley, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Rub boneless leg of lamb with 4 T. olive oil, then cover with herb mixture.
- Place lamb, fat side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Add ½ cup wine and broth to the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Place roasting pan in the oven. Cook uncovered for 1 hour and 30 minutes for rare 120-130°, 1 hour and 45 minutes for medium rare 130-140°, 2 hours for medium 150°, or until a kitchen thermometer registers desired temperature at the thickest part of the lamb.
- Remove lamb from oven. Let rest tented with foil 10-15 minutes.
- While lamb is resting pour pan drippings into a saucepan add remaining ½ cup white wine and reduce by half. Season to taste.
- Remove netting from lamb, slice and serve with white wine reduction.
Holiday Meals Delivered
With over 100 years of delivering the very best meals and gourmet food, Omaha Steaks is your go-to for a hassle-free holiday meal.