Classic American Burger with Quick Pickles
- by Omaha Steaks
- Apr 9, 2020
There is nothing as American as a classic burger with big, juicy all-beef patties, lettuce, onion, pickles and tomatoes. Our chef team has created the best burger recipe for the perfect All-American burger. This simple recipe will satisfy any burger craving.
The secret to an extraordinary burger is in the beef. All Omaha Steaks beef is aged 28 days for maximum tenderness and flavor. Then, our butchers grind the meat not once, but twice, to give our burgers that signature juiciness and big, beefy flavor. Each Omaha Steaks burger is thick, a whopping quarter-pound of beef per patty, and individually vacuum-sealed.
They are perfect for the grill (you can even cook them without thawing!) Follow our 4 tips for grilling the perfect burger and enjoy a delicious grilled burger anytime.
Try this quick pickle recipe for a sweet and tangy spin on a traditional burger ingredient. Whip up this simple recipe in just 15 minutes and store in the fridge for up to three days. Grill up an Omaha Steaks burger and add the following ingredients whenever that burger craving hits. Nothing beats a classic American burger made with premium Omaha Steaks beef!
Classic American Burger Ingredients:
- 4 Omaha Steaks burgers
- Butter lettuce
- Red onion
- Quick Pickles (use recipe below)
- 4 Hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh dill leaves chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 Kirby cucumbers cut into 1-inch slices on an angle
- Heat small saucepan over medium high heat. Add vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, salt, garlic and red pepper flakes to the pan and cook until it begins to simmer and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Toss the dill, bay leaf, and sliced cucumbers together in a heat-proof bowl. Pour the simmering liquid over the cucumbers and stir to evenly coat. Allow to cool to room temperature or chill before serving. May be made up to 3 days in advance. Store in a covered non-reactive container in the refrigerator.
- Burger and Cheese Pairing Guide
- Want to Learn How to Make a Better Burger? 17 Easy Ways to Up Your Burger Game
Make a Better Burger
From classic, extra-juicy tastes to gourmet blends ground by real butchers and using aged-to-perfection Omaha Steak, you’ll find everything you want in a burger right here.