Air Fryer Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites
- by Couple in the Kitchen
- Mar 5, 2020
Guest post by Karen Reinsberg and Gavin Booth from Couple in the Kitchen
Buffalo wings are always a crowd favorite. They are the perfect companion to game day: spicy, saucy, and crisp!
Since air fryers have become a hot new kitchen gadget on the market, this boneless buffalo wing recipe will give you all your favorite flavors from traditional fried buffalo wings, with less calories and fat.
Every great dish starts with high quality products. Omaha Steaks chicken breasts are individually wrapped, making it easy to always have the right amount of chicken breast on hand. They are all white meat chicken selected by Omaha Steaks’ master butchers and flash frozen to perfection.
The Omaha Steaks chicken breasts are 4 oz. per package so you can easily make yourself this dish with 1-2 chicken breasts or use 4-6 chicken breasts to create a larger portion as an appetizer for a party.
How does an air fryer work?
An air fryer is an appliance that is a hot air circulator. It is much smaller than a traditional oven. An air fryer cooks the meat by flowing hot air in all directions around your food.
You can cook almost anything in an air fryer, using little to no oil. An air fryer is a healthy alternative to create low fat dishes with similar results to frying. Many popular Omaha Steaks products can be made in the air fryer using these chef-tested air fryer instructions.
How to air fry boneless wings
Making this air fryer boneless buffalo wing recipe is as easy as slicing your chicken, battering your meat, popping them into the air fryer and dressing them with sauce!
Air Fryer Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 4 Omaha Steaks chicken breasts 16 oz.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. chili pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper
- 2 T. butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 T. lemon juice
- Prepare the boneless bites by unwrapping your Omaha Steak Chicken Breasts and cutting your chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Scramble two eggs in a shallow bowl for your batter. In a separate bowl add the flour, chili pepper, cayenne, and paprika to a bowl. Stir together your dry ingredients.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the egg bath. Then, using your other hand, dip them into the seasoned flour mixture. Shake off any of the excess batter, and place them on your air fryer tray.
- Prior to placing your nuggets into the airfryer, spray them with an olive oil spray to help make your nuggets extra crispy on the outside.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook your chicken nuggets for 15 minutes, or as directed by your air fryer. They will come out crispy with a juicy chicken center.
- While the boneless wings are in the air fryer, take a moment to prepare your buffalo sauce in a small saucepan.
- Melt your butter, add the hot sauce, additional seasoning, and lemon.
- Immediately toss your boneless wings in the sauce after removing them from the air fryer. The longer you wait, the less crispy your chicken batter will be.
- For best results lightly toss the chicken in the sauce with a spoon to avoid breaking up the crisp exterior.
- As with all things prepared with an air fryer, eat your dish fresh and hot. Serve your boneless buffalo bites with your favorite ranch or blue cheese dipping sauce. Don’t forget the celery!
Steaks for Everyone
Shop steaks by cut, texture, flavor — whatever you prefer! We’ve got something for everyone.