Complex Meals Made Easy: 7 Steps to the Definitive White Chicken Chili
- by Omaha Steaks
Click here to make things easier on yourself. Keep reading to get the whole scoop.
Defining “White Chicken Chili”
Here’s the thing about White Chicken Chili — it’s one of those nebulous, decidedly delicious dishes that’s hard to lock down because everyone has a recipe that’s just a little bit different. Recipes can range from easy to difficult, long to short, and everything in between. If you try searching “easiest White Chicken Chili,” you’ll get scores of results; finding a recipe isn’t difficult, but sifting through them all for a shining star certainly is.
Thankfully, there are a few ingredients everyone seems to agree upon when it comes to the dish. Chicken is the obvious one, of course, but there are a few more: stock, garlic, onion, beans. That’s about as specific as we can get.
The rest of the ingredients rely heavily on availability and your preferences. For example: do you want added flavor and a little heat? Green chilies are a must. What about a dash of acidity? Be sure to have a few lime wedges at the ready. For a touch of sweetness, corn. Are you pro-cream, or more interested in a soup-like consistency? Not hot enough? Have some hot sauce on hand.
Don’t even get us started on the myriad choices for seasonings (cumin, coriander, oregano, bay leaves, thyme…).
All of that choice can cripple the best recipes. Not to mention, any of them also require a well-stocked cabinet. We say no more. Instead, rock this family-friendly chili with ease — we got you there:
The Real Easiest White Chicken Chili
Eliminate all that (overwhelming) choice and try our easy White Chicken Chili instead. All you need is your slow cooker; no chopping, prepping, sautéing, or mixing required.
Here’s just how easy it is to get everyone’s favorite dinner on the table, in only seven steps:
- Pull out your Slow Cooker.
- Open and unpack the ingredients from your White Chicken Chili Slow Cooker Meal.
- Carefully open the bag of veggies and remove the included three sauce pouches.
- Unwrap and place your chicken in the slow cooker. (Be sure to wash your hands after handling the raw chicken!)
- Next, add all three sauce packets to your slow cooker, along with ½ cup of water and the veggies.
- Set your slow cooker to work, and go about your day.
- Either four or eight hours later (up to you!), stir the now wonderfully cooked White Chicken Chili and ladle it into your waiting bowls.
Top with cheese, sour cream, and any other easy fixin’s. Yup, it really is that easy. Enjoy!