Crab Cake Sandwiches with Spicy Remoulade and Homemade Hush Puppies
- by Omaha Steaks
Crispy catfish and hushpuppies are Southern staples… classic food that’s good almost anytime and will never go out of style. This fun and easy-to-make recipe uses World Port Seafood Gourmet Crab Cakes to make tasty sandwiches and hushpuppies as a side dish. Even kids like this one!
Crab Cake Sandwiches with Spicy Remoulade and homemade Hush Puppies
For the remoulade:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. pickle relish
- 1/2 tsp. Sriracha
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. prepared horseradish sauce
For the hushpuppies:
- 1 1/2 cups white cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 3/4 milk
For the sandwiches:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 World Port Seafood Gourmet Crab Cakes
- 4 pretzel buns
- Lettuce and tomato slices
- In a small bowl mix all of the ingredients for the remoulade.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Stir together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the onion.
- Stir in the egg and milk.
- Drop the batter by heaping teaspoonfuls into 375 degree cooking oil, frying a few at a time.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel and set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the oil to a medium skillet and warm over medium-high heat. Cook the crab cakes according to the package directions.
- Lay the pretzel buns out and spread some of the remoulade on each one.
- Lay one crab cake on each of the bottom buns, then add a slice of lettuce and tomato.
- Add the top buns to the sandwiches and serve with a side of the hush puppies.