Skip Header & Navigation
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Japanese Beef Teriyaki with Sticky Rice
- 2 hrsMarinade Time
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 4 Omaha Steaks Filet Mignon Steaks, about 6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake or dry sherry
- 2 cups short-grain white rice
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a shallow dish or bowl.
- Add the steaks and massage with the marinade.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 or 2 hours, or refrigerate overnight.
- Turn the steaks occasionally.
- Rinse the rice in a strainer under cold running water until the water no longer looks milky.
- Soak in a bowl of water for 1 hour.
- Prepare the grill (or, alternatively, the steaks can be broiled).
- Drain the rice and place in a saucepan with 2 cups of cold water.
- Bring to a boil, turn the heat to low, and cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is sticky and soft. Keep warm.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade.
- Grill for about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare or 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium.
- Thinly slice across the grain and serve with the rice.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission.
© 2019, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v19.9.12.