Skip Header & Navigation-
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Japanese Beef Teriyaki with Sticky Rice
- 2 hrsMarinade Time
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 4 Omaha Steaks Filet Mignon Steaks, about 6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake or dry sherry
- 2 cups short-grain white rice
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a shallow dish or bowl.
- Add the steaks and massage with the marinade.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 or 2 hours, or refrigerate overnight.
- Turn the steaks occasionally.
- Rinse the rice in a strainer under cold running water until the water no longer looks milky.
- Soak in a bowl of water for 1 hour.
- Prepare the grill (or, alternatively, the steaks can be broiled).
- Drain the rice and place in a saucepan with 2 cups of cold water.
- Bring to a boil, turn the heat to low, and cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is sticky and soft. Keep warm.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade.
- Grill for about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare or 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium.
- Thinly slice across the grain and serve with the rice.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2020, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v20.8.1a.