Skip Header & Navigation
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Filet Mignon in a Whiskey Pan Sauce with Mushrooms and Potato-Leek Squares
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces leeks (or scallions), white part only, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 filet mignons, Omaha Steaks, 6 ounces each
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Scotch whiskey
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices French bread
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place the potatoes, leeks, and olive oil in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently toss to mix well. Transfer to a 6 by 9-inch baking dish and pat gently to form an even layer.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven for 1-1/2 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
- Let cool completely, cover with plastic wrap, and chill.
- When ready to serve, preheat the oven to 450°.
- Cut the potatoes into 4 even sections.
- Using a metal spatula, transfer the squares to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the tops are browned.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and sauté the mushrooms over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Add the flour, season with salt and pepper, and stir well. Stir in the cream and keep warm.
- Melt the 1 tablespoon butter in a sauté pan or cast-iron skillet.
- Season the filets with salt and pepper.
- When the pan is hot, sear the filets over high heat for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare, about 4 minutes on each side for medium, or to the desired doneness.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and just before serving, stir the whiskey into the pan juices.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes or until the alcohol burns off.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2020, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v20.3.3.