Skip Header & Navigation
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Filet Mignon in a Whiskey Pan Sauce with Mushrooms and Potato-Leek Squares
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces leeks (or scallions), white part only, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 filet mignons, Omaha Steaks, 6 ounces each
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Scotch whiskey
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices French bread
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place the potatoes, leeks, and olive oil in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently toss to mix well. Transfer to a 6 by 9-inch baking dish and pat gently to form an even layer.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven for 1-1/2 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
- Let cool completely, cover with plastic wrap, and chill.
- When ready to serve, preheat the oven to 450°.
- Cut the potatoes into 4 even sections.
- Using a metal spatula, transfer the squares to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the tops are browned.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and sauté the mushrooms over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Add the flour, season with salt and pepper, and stir well. Stir in the cream and keep warm.
- Melt the 1 tablespoon butter in a sauté pan or cast-iron skillet.
- Season the filets with salt and pepper.
- When the pan is hot, sear the filets over high heat for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare, about 4 minutes on each side for medium, or to the desired doneness.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and just before serving, stir the whiskey into the pan juices.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes or until the alcohol burns off.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission.
© 2019, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v19.9.13.