- by Omaha Steaks
- Jun 13, 2020
This recipe features Omaha Steaks Chateaubriand Roas and follows the traditional steps for Beef Wellington.
This recipe follows the traditional steps for Beef Wellington. It features Omaha Steaks Chateaubriand Roast seasoned with Omaha Steaks All Natural Steak Seasoning. Serve the roast with Omaha Steaks Beef Demi Glacé for a final touch of elegance.
- 1 each 4 lb. Omaha Steaks Chateaubriand
- 1/4 cup Omaha Steaks Seasoning
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 oz. canned Foie Gras Pate at specialty food stores
- 1 oz. truffle peelings at specialty food stores
- 2 lbs. frozen puff pastry dough
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 16 oz. mushroom demi glace at specialty food stores
- Thaw roast completely in refrigerator, allowing about 16 hours for every 2 lbs. or use the quick thaw method by placing the vacuum sealed package in a sink filled with cold water for 2-4 hours, changing the water about every 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove roast from packaging and lightly pat dry.
- Lightly brush roast with cooking oil.
- Roll the roast in the Omaha Steaks seasoning until all sides are covered.
- Add cooking oil to large sauté pan or roasting pan. Preheat pan until very hot, using proper ventilation. (The roast can be seared on an outdoor barbecue grill on high heat.)
- Carefully place the roast in the pan or on the grill. Sear for approximately 2-5 minutes on all sides until evenly browned.
- Remove from the pan and cool.
- Spread the foie gras over the top of the tenderloin. Sprinkle truffles over the paté.
- In a separate bowl, whip together the egg and water to make an egg wash.
- Roll the puff pastry dough into a rectangle approximately 3/16 inch thick and large enough to wrap around the entire tenderloin.
- Turn the tenderloin over and place lengthwise, pâté side down, in the center of the pastry.
- Fold the pastry ends over and wrap around the tenderloin, sealing it with egg wash and trimming off any excess pastry.
- Transfer to a baking sheet, placing the seam side down.
- Brush the puff pastry surface with the egg wash.
- Bake the Wellington for approximately 40-55 minutes or until the center reaches 125°F-130°F, approximately 45-60 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes after removing from the oven.
- Heat demi glace in sauce pan per package directions.
- Carefully slice the Wellington into 3/4"-1" thick slices and serve with the mushroom demi glace.
Calories: 810kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 21g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 1460mg | Fiber: 3g