Omaha Steaks + Feeding America®
- by Omaha Steaks
- Last updated Sep 20, 2022
Americans are facing challenges every day as a result of the continuing pandemic and its disruption of everyday life. As the nation mobilizes to help people struggling with hunger in these difficult days, Omaha Steaks has partnered again with Feeding America® to help families during the holiday season.
These Omaha Steaks + Feeding America gift packages include donations of 10 or more meals* to Feeding America® with each purchase. Feeding America is the largest domestic hunger-relief organization in the country with a network of 200 local food banks that distributed more than 5 billion meals last year throughout the United States. With school closures, job uncertainty, and illness, food banks are more important than ever. We want to provide meals and help families during this difficult and unprecedented time of need.
“At Omaha Steaks, serving others and bringing people together is at the very core of who we are, from serving our customers to serving our communities,” said Nate Rempe, President, Omaha Steaks. “For a limited time, when customers buy select Omaha Steaks gift packages for loved ones this holiday season, we’ll make a special donation to Feeding America to help make the holidays brighter for those in need.”
We first partnered with Feeding America last spring near the start of the pandemic by donating 100,000 pounds of much-needed protein along with the monetary equivalent of 1.8 million meals. With today’s commitment, we’ll donate a total of more than 4 million meals in 2020.
“This year, one is six people could face hunger in America as a result of the pandemic. We are grateful to Omaha Steaks for its commitment to helping our neighbors facing hunger this holiday season and beyond,” said Blake Thompson, Chief Supply Chain Officer at Feeding America. “Their generous donation will help families who may worry about finding their next meal.”
What Omaha Steaks and You Can Do
- With your help, we’ve committed to donate 2.5 million meals to families in need this holiday season through the Feeding America network of food banks.
- You can join in the fight against hunger by purchasing special Omaha Steaks and Feeding America gift packages and we will donate 10 or more meals to Feeding America.
Other Ways to Help
- Donate directly to Feeding America. They have set up a COVID-19 response fund to help provide food and monetary support to local food banks across the country.
- Follow your local food bank on social media and share how they are serving your local community.
- Be safe, and we will get through this together.
*$1 helps provide at least 10 meals secured by Feeding America on behalf of local member food banks. From December 14 – December 25, 2020, Omaha Steaks will donate the monetary equivalent of 10 meals ($1) for each eligible Feeding America package of $159.99 or less purchased, 20 meals ($2.00) for each eligible $160-$199.99 package purchased and 30 meals ($3.00) for each $200+ eligible package purchased, up to $250,000.