Grilled Ahi Tuna with Fresh Mango Salsa
- by Omaha Steaks
The irresistible flavor of grilled tuna steaks pairs perfectly with a sweet, slightly spicy mango salsa in this fun and easy recipe. Start with 6 oz. thick and meaty Yellowfin Tuna Steaks and grill them to your favorite doneness (we like them seared just on the outside and uncooked in the middle).
How to Grill Tuna Steaks
Don’t be afraid to grill tuna steaks. We love them because, well, they’re steaks! You can treat thick-cut tuna steaks just like beef on the grill — sear the outside and leave the inside medium-rare or cook them all the way through. View our comprehensive guide – How to Grill Ahi Tuna Steaks for a perfectly cooked tuna steak every time using a gas or charcoal grill.
Fresh Mango Salsa
The mango salsa is prepared in a flash with fresh chopped mango, peppers, onions, cilantro, bell peppers, lime juice and jalapeños, and served on top of the grilled tuna for a colorful, quick and healthy meal. The flavors of this sweet, slightly spicy and refreshing fruit salsa are incredible and a perfect complement to a grilled ahi tuna steak. Enjoy!
Grilled Yellowfin Tuna with Fresh Mango Salsa
- 4 6 oz. World Port Seafood Yellowfin Tuna Steaks
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 recipe Mango Salsa
- 1 cup mango peeled, seeded and chopped 1/4"
- 1/4 cup white onion chopped 1/4"
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice fresh squeezed
- 2 tsp. jalapeños minced fine
- 2 Tbsp. red bell peppers seeded and 1/4" dice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Prepare the fresh Mango Salsa by following the recipe below.
- Season and grill the Ahi Tuna Steaks to desired doneness.
- Top each steak with generous scoop of the fresh Mango Salsa.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2018 and has been updated for freshness and comprehensiveness.
World Port Seafood
Responsibly sourced from oceans around the globe and always delivered frozen fresh for the greatest seafood experience any time you wish.