All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us at1-800-960-8400.
Preparation & Recipes
- Trim excess pork fat (anything over 1/2");
- Score fat so it will melt into the pork while smoking and so that you can get more rub into the meat;
- Rinse with white vinegar and pat dry with clean paper towels;
- Rub pork with about 1/4 cup of yellow mustard;
- Rub pork with 1/2 cup of rub;
- Inject pork with 10-12 oz. of spritzer;
- Let sit overnight in fridge;
- Set up smoker with 1 chimney unlit lump charcoal and 2 chimneys lit lump charcoal;
- Start pork fat side pp and add wood chips to smoker;
- Add more chips every 1/2 hour;
- Every 2 hours insert remote thermometer probes. Be careful not to let thermometer touch bone or you will get a false reading;
- After 5 hours, place in foil pan and liberally coat with spritzer. Wrap pan tightly with foil;
- Continue cooking without adding wood chips or opening smoker until thermometer hits 195 degrees F, about 8-10 hour total.
Nutrition & Info
|Meal Time||Dinner, Lunch|
|Dietary Need||Made Without Gluten, Ketogenic Diet, Low Sodium, Paleo Diet|
|Weight||7 lb. roasts|
|People Serving||serves 28|
Ingredients: Bone-In Pork Butt
These products are processed in our plants in Nebraska, USA after undergoing a strict series of quality checks and under the supervision of the United States Department of Agriculture.
SCOTT V. - DALY CITY, CA