Skip Header & Navigation-
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Thai Beef Soup with coconut, lemongrass, and noodles
- 3 hrsMarinade Time
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 30 min
Serves: 4 to 6
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 3 Omaha Steaks Flat Iron Steaks, cut across grain 1 inch long and 1/8 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) coconut milk
- 3 stalks lemongrass, tough outer leaves removed
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, or 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 stalk celery, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, finely sliced
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- 5 ounces dry rice noodles (or jasmine rice noodles)
- 1/2 cup finely sliced basil
- Place the beef in a mixing bowl, add the soy sauce and sesame oil, and let marinate at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours, or at least 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- To prepare the soup base, place the coconut milk in a large saucepan. Cut the lemongrass in half across and then in half lengthwise. Crush with the back of a heavy knife and add to the pan. Add the ginger, lime leaves, celery, lemon juice, garlic, cilantro, wine, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil gently for 5 minutes and then remove from the heat and let infuse, covered, while cooking the beef and vegetables.
- Heat a dry wok or cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add the beef and marinade and sear for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly, or until the beef is tender, browned, and the liquid has evaporated. Remove the beef and pat dry with paper towels.
- To prepare the vegetables, blanch the tomatoes in a small saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, and when cool enough to handle, peel, cut in half, and gently squeeze out the seeds. Dice the tomatoes and set aside. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan; add the onion, scallions, and carrot, and sauté over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Strain the coconut liquid into the saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Add the basil, blanched tomatoes, and cooked beef, and season to taste. Ladle into serving bowls.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Prices shown are available on consumer orders only. Maximum order quantity may apply. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2020, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v20.9.4.