Skip To Main Content
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us at1-800-960-8400.
Sweet Smoky Applewood-Rubbed Strip Steaks with Southern Cornbread Stuffing
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hr 45 min
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 4 Omaha Steaks Boneless Strip Steaks
- 4 Tbsp. Sweet Smoky Applewood Rub
- 2 tsp. chopped chives for garnish
- 1/2 recipe Southern Cornbread Stuffing with Andouille Sausage
(serves 8 - 10)
- 2 oz. butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup Andouille sausage, 1/4-inch cubed
- 3 cups chicken or turkey broth, reduced by half
- 2 Tbsp. chicken or turkey base
- 1 tsp. Sweet Smoky Applewood Rub
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh sage, minced
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 8-inch square pan cornbread
- Preheat grill on high.
- Thaw and blot dry steaks.
- Generously rub both sides of the steaks with Sweet Smoky Applewood Rub. Continue until all the rub is on the steaks.
- Spray the rubbed steaks with food release spray.
- Place the steaks on the heated grill and grill to desired doneness. For medium-rare steaks, about 5 minutes on the first side and 4 minutes on the second side.
- Remove steaks from grill and garnish with sprinkled chopped chives.
- Prepare cornbread the day before using your favorite mix.. Cut into 1-inch cubes and let dry out overnight un-wrapped
- In a braising pan melt butter and sauté onion and garlic until onion is transparent.
- Add Andouille sausage, and Sweet Smoky Applewood rub and cook well.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Combine hot ingredients with corn bread cubes, parsley, and sage. Mix well.
- Put in a pan, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Prices shown are available on consumer orders only. Maximum order quantity may apply. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2021, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v21.7.1.