Skip To Main Content
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us at1-800-960-8400.
Sweet Smoky Applewood-Rubbed Strip Steaks with Southern Cornbread Stuffing
Recipe Categories: All Recipes | Strip Steak | Steaks | BBQ and Grilling | Father's Day
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hr 45 min
Our Sweet Smoky Applewood Rub brings big barbeque flavor - it's perfect for boldly beefy strip steaks on the grill. This easy recipe teaches you how to build a flavorful cornbread stuffing using Andouille Sausage and simple ingredients to make the ultimate Southern special.
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 4 Omaha Steaks Boneless Strip Steaks
- 4 Tbsp. Sweet Smoky Applewood Rub
- 2 tsp. chopped chives for garnish
- 1/2 recipe Southern Cornbread Stuffing with Andouille Sausage
(serves 8 - 10)
- 2 oz. butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup Andouille sausage, 1/4-inch cubed
- 3 cups chicken or turkey broth, reduced by half
- 2 Tbsp. chicken or turkey base
- 1 tsp. Sweet Smoky Applewood Rub
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh sage, minced
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 8-inch square pan cornbread
- Preheat grill on high.
- Thaw and blot dry steaks.
- Generously rub both sides of the steaks with Sweet Smoky Applewood Rub. Continue until all the rub is on the steaks.
- Spray the rubbed steaks with food release spray.
- Place the steaks on the heated grill and grill to desired doneness. For medium-rare steaks, about 5 minutes on the first side and 4 minutes on the second side.
- Remove steaks from grill and garnish with sprinkled chopped chives.
- Prepare cornbread the day before using your favorite mix.. Cut into 1-inch cubes and let dry out overnight un-wrapped
- In a braising pan melt butter and sauté onion and garlic until onion is transparent.
- Add Andouille sausage, and Sweet Smoky Applewood rub and cook well.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Combine hot ingredients with corn bread cubes, parsley, and sage. Mix well.
- Put in a pan, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Get Live Help Now
C.P.D. Reg. No. - 19-08576
Sign up for the latest news, updates, and promotions from Omaha Steaks to save up to $30 on orders of $159 or more.
A new window will be opened
- Company History
- Media Room
(Updated January 2023)
- CA Privacy Notice
(Updated January 2023)
- Mobile Apps
- Find a Store
- Required Healthcare Notice
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Prices shown are available on consumer orders only. Maximum order quantity may apply. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2023, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v23.3.4.