Skip Header & Navigation
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Smoky Steaks with Chunky BBQ Sauce
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 2 Omaha Steaks Porterhouse or T-bone steaks
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Omaha Steaks Steak Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Wood Chip Foil Packet (see below)
- 1/4 cup drained canned pineapple chunks, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup mild barbecue sauce
- For sauce, combine pineapple, onion, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and vinegar in small saucepan. Cook over high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid is syrupy, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium; add barbecue sauce. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until heated through. Set aside.
- Combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, steak seasoning and chili powder in small bowl; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place wood chip foil packet on one side of grill directly on medium, ash-covered coals. Place cooking grill over coals. Place steaks in center of grill, not directly over foil packet. Grill, covered, 20 to 24 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Carve steaks into slices and season with salt, as desired. Serve with Chunky BBQ Sauce.
- Tear 12/12-inch square of heavy-duty (or double layer of regular) aluminum foil.
- Place 1 cup dry hickory wood chips onto center of foil.
- Seal packet by bringing the two opposite sides together above the chips; fold down in a series of 2 to 3 tightly sealed folds.
- Fold the remaining open sides up and over 2 to 3 times, pressing firmly to seal at each fold.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission.
© 2019, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v19.9.13a.