Skip To Main Content
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us at1-800-960-8400.
Sirloin Steaks with Red Chile Mashed Potatoes
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
IngredientsRed Chile Mashed Potatoes:
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears)
- 1/2 tablespoon pure red chile powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt, to taste
- 4 top sirloin steaks, about 8 ounces each, 1-1/4 inches thick, Omaha Steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Prepare the grill.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan of salted water and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, until tender.
- Drain and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a sauté pan, melt the butter with the milk, bring to a boil, and add the garlic and corn.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the chile powder and stir.
- Strain the mixture, reserving the corn separately from the liquid.
- With an electric mixer (or with a wire whisk), whip the potatoes while drizzling in the reserved cooking liquid, adding a little more milk as needed.
- Stir in the reserved corn, the cilantro and honey, and season with salt.
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper, heat the oil in a cast-iron skillet and sear the steaks over high heat for 1 minute on each side.
- Transfer to the grill and cook for 3 minutes per side for medium-rare, about 4 minutes per side for medium, or to desired doneness.
- Transfer to serving plates.
- Serve the steaks with the potatoes.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Prices shown are available on consumer orders only. Maximum order quantity may apply. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2022, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v22.8.3.