Skip Header & Navigation
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Ranchero Beef Salad with Lime Chipotle Dressing
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
IngredientsFor the Lime-Chipotle Dressing:
- 1 canned chipotle chile, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from canned chipotles)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons pure red chile powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 strip sirloin steaks, Omaha Steaks, about 10 ounces each and 1 inch thick
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- Lime-Chipotle Dressing (see above)
- 1 poblano chile, roasted peeled, seeded, and sliced (see below)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 12 yellow teardrop, pear, or cherry tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into large cubes
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- Roasting Bell Peppers and Fresh Chiles:
- Roasting the peppers and chiles can be done on the grill, under the broiler, or on a wire rack placed over a gas flame on top of the stove.
- Blister and blacken the skins evenly, taking care not to burn the flesh.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap; let the peppers and chiles "steam" for about 15 minutes.
- Uncover, and remove the charred skins with your fingers, or with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Cut open and remove the seeds and internal ribs - this will help to moderate the heat of the chiles.
- Take care to wash your hands thoroughly after handling chiles, and never touch your face or eyes with your hands until you have done so.
- If you have sensitive skin, wear rubber gloves when handling chiles.
- To prepare the dressing:
- Mix the chipotle, garlic, adobo sauce, lime juice, and vinegar in a bowl and mash to combine.
- Slowly whisk in the oils to incorporate.
- Season with salt and pepper and taste the dressing; add more minced chipotle if you prefer it hotter.
To prepare the dry rub:
- Mix the chile powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Lightly rub the mixture into the beef and let it sit in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the grill.
- Grill the steaks over medium-high heat for 3to 4 minutes on each side medium-rare, 4 to 5 minutes for medium, or to desired doneness.
- Remove the meat, let it rest for 5 minutes, and slice across the grain into 1/4-inch thick slices (the beef can also be served at room temperature).
- To prepare the salad:
- Place the lettuce in a mixing bowl and toss with about one quarter of the dressing, or enough to lightly coat the leaves.
- Spread the greens on a large serving platter.
- Arrange the sliced steak over the center of the lettuce.
- Arrange the poblano, onion, red and yellow tomatoes, and avocado around the steak.
- Sprinkle the radishes, cheese, and olives over the whole salad.
- Drizzle some of the dressing over the entire salad and serve any remaining dressing on the side, along with the sour cream.
- Serve your guests, or have them help themselves from the platter.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission.
© 2019, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v19.9.11d.