Skip To Main Content
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us at1-800-960-8400.
Porcini-Dusted Steaks with Horseradish Crust
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 4 Omaha Steaks Flat Iron Steaks
- Fresh thyme sprigs, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons prepared cream-style horseradish
- 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms (about 1/2 ounce)
- 4 tablespoons roasted garlic-flavored olive oil, divided
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- Heat oven to 425°F. Combine 2 tablespoons chives, horseradish and mustard in small bowl. Set aside.
- Place mushrooms in mini food chopper container. Cover and process until finely ground.
- Combine ground mushrooms and pepper, as desired, in small bowl; press evenly onto beef steaks. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place steaks in skillet; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until surface of beef is browned, turning once. Remove to a rimmed metal baking sheet. Season with salt, as desired. Keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Remove from heat; stir in minced thyme.
- Meanwhile spread horseradish mixture over tops of steaks. Top with bread crumbs, pressing gently to adhere. Roast in 425°F oven 9 to 13 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness. Tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle steaks with remaining 1 tablespoon chives. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Prices shown are available on consumer orders only. Maximum order quantity may apply. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2023, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v23.1.5.