Skip To Main Content
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us at1-800-960-8400.
Polynesian Kabobs:Pineapple-Marinated Beef Skewers with Cilantro Rice
- 1 hrMarinade Time
Prep time: 60 min
Cook time: 10 min
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
IngredientsMarinade and Kabobs:
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- 2 star anise, broken into pieces
- 1 serrano chile, with seeds, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds boneless strip steak, Omaha Steaks, cut into 1-1/2 inch chunks
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 onions, quartered and then cut in half lengthwise
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- Pinch of salt, plus more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers (preferably 12 inches long) in water for at least 10 minutes so they won't burn up on the grill, and then drain. (Alternatively, use metal skewers.)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, sugar, sesame oil, star anise, serrano, salt, and pepper.
- Thread the beef pineapple, peppers, onions, and cherry tomatoes onto each skewer and lay them in a roasting pan.
- Any extra pineapple and vegetables can be threaded on skewers as well.
- Pour the marinade over the kabobs and marinate in the refrigerator for about 1 hour, turning occasionally if they are not fully immersed.
- About 30 minutes before serving, prepare the rice. Place the rice, 2-1/2 cups of water, and the salt in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Stir once, cover, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the cilantro, fluff with a fork, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, prepare the grill.
- Remove the kabobs from the marinade.
- Pour the marinade into a saucepan, bring to a boil, and reduce until about 1 cup remains.
- Reserve half of the reduced marinade to pass at the table: use the rest while grilling.
- About 15 minutes before serving, grill the kabobs for about 4 minutes on each side, or until the peppers start to blacken.
- Brush the kabobs a few times with the reduced marinade as they cook.
- Discard the marinade used for brushing the meat.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Prices shown are available on consumer orders only. Maximum order quantity may apply. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2022, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v22.5.18.