Skip To Main Content
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us at1-800-960-8400.
Pacific Rim Beef Salad with Sesame-Ginger Dressing
- 1 hrMarinade Time
Prep time: 45 min
Cook time: 15 min
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chinese plum sauce
- 1 small Serrano chile, seeded and minced, or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne chile powder
- 2 Omaha Steaks Boneless Strip Sirloin Steaks, about 10 ounces each
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup julienned pickled ginger
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small head Bibb, Butter or Mizuna lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 bunch watercress, stemmed
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 scallions, sliced on a diagonal
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced on a diagonal
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- Thoroughly combine all the marinade ingredients in a large dish.
- Turn the steaks in the marinade and cover the dish with plastic wrap.
- Marinate at room temperature for at least 1 hour, turning the steaks once.
- Or, alternatively, refrigerate overnight (in which case, bring to room temperature before sautéing).
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients in a mixing bowl until emulsified. Set aside.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry.
- Heat a dry, heavy sauté pan or skillet and sear the steaks over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes per side, until just medium-rare.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and let rest.
- Toss all the salad ingredients together with the dressing in a large mixing bowl.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium-high heat for 45 seconds to 1 minute, tossing continuously, until golden brown and shiny.
- To serve, cut the steaks into thin slices. Place a mound of tossed salad in the center of each serving plate and top with the steaks slices. Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds on top and serve.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Prices shown are available on consumer orders only. Maximum order quantity may apply. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2022, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v22.8.5.