Skip Header & Navigation-
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Jimi Hendrix Steak Experience
- 12 hrsMarinade Time
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 15 min
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
IngredientsMarinade and Steaks:
- 6 Omaha Steaks Top Sirloin Steaks
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. pureed or finely minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. black peppercorns
- 3 sprigs tarragon leaves removed and coarsely chopped
- 3 sprigs rosemary leaves removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup beet juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 bunches cilantro, thick stems removed
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 bunches watercress, washed and drained
- To prepare the marinade, place the oil, vinegar, garlic, and peppercorns in a dish or mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add the tarragon and rosemary. Add the steaks, coating with the marinade on both sides, and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- To prepare the beet syrup, place the beet juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until syrupy in consistency and 1/4 cup remains. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- To prepare the cilantro oil, blanch 3 bunches of cilantro in boiling water for 10 seconds. Remove and shock in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Transfer to a blender with the remaining bunches of uncooked cilantro and puree while slowly adding the olive oil. Let the mixture rest overnight. The next day, strain through cheesecloth into an attractive glass bottle and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the grill.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the vegetable oil and mustard in a mixing bowl. Whisk in the vinegar and season with the salt and pepper. Let chill in the refrigerator. Remove the thick stems of the watercress and chill the leaves. When ready to serve, toss the watercress with the dressing and pile in a high mound on the center of each serving plate, leaving plenty of room around the watercress.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and grill over medium-high heat for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes on each side for medium-rare, about 3 minutes on each side for medium, or to desired doneness.
- Slice each steak and arrange on top of the salad. Drizzle or spoon the cilantro oil and beet syrup around the salad in attractive or free-form psychedelic patterns.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Prices shown are available on consumer orders only. Maximum order quantity may apply. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2020, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v20.11.3.